Catchmore Charters

3918 S Avenue, Anacortes, WA, USA
Catchmore Charters - My dad and his ling cod.
Catchmore Charters - Our catch
Catchmore Charters - A couple of the orcas from J-pod
Catchmore Charters - Captain Jim

Catchmore Charters Anacortes Reviews

aelder2259 aelder22…
Fishing in Puget Sound Mar 07, 2009
I'm not much of a fisherman, but I had a lot of fun taking my dad fishing when he was visiting me in Seattle (from Pennsylvania).

I found Catchmore on the internet and as soon as I talked to Jim Sr., I knew he had to be our captain. Jim is the kind of guy that talks as if he's known you forever...very friendly!

Our fishing trip was in June. A few weeks too soon for salmon fishing, but perfect for fishing ling cod and rock fish. On the way to the area Jim deemed the best (on the other side of Orcas Island), we were lucky to see a pod of orcas heading straight for us! They even had a baby, which was still pink instead of white (and black). What a thrill to see these magnificent creatures in the wild...something my dad had never seen before (even in captivity).

My dad caught the first ling cod and I had to help him reel it in (he's so tiny, he just couldn't do it on his own). I swear the fish was half his size! All in all, our group caught a total of two ling cod and five rock fish.

We enjoyed our fishing trip so much, that we took my in-laws along the following year.
My dad and his ling cod.
Our catch
A couple of the orcas from J-pod
Captain Jim