Catalonia Grand Place

Catalonia Grand Place - Le Grand Hotel
Catalonia Grand Place - Street in front of the hotel
Catalonia Grand Place - Close-up of statues
Catalonia Grand Place - From our hotel in Brussels - Whippet raes held here

Compare Namur Hotel Rates (11.1km away)

Catalonia Grand Place Brussel Reviews

grandmar grandmar
Formerly Le Grand Hotel Jun 18, 1950
When we were in Brussels in 1950, we stayed in what was at that time Le Grand Hotel. I have my father's photos of it, and I have seen a historic postcard which has the address of this current hotel on it. This was the second place we stayed on our European trip. Since we were traveling by train, we mostly stayed at hotels near a train station. This was common practice back then and these were not just cheap and dirty hotels.

I don't remember anything about the hotel - if it wasn't for the photos, I would not even have remembered that we stayed there. Plus I doubt if it is the same now as it was then. The current website says:

..rooms all have a classic décor with large windows. They come with a tea/coffee maker, ironing facilities and marble bathrooms. The rooms at the front of the hotel also have a balcony.

A breakfast buffet is available in the breakfast area daily. Guests can relax in the bar and coffee shop or use the free internet computer in the Grand Place’s lobby.

The Anneessens Metro Station is a 3-minute walk away, providing a connection to Gare du Midi Train Station and its Eurostar terminal in 5 minutes. Brussels Central Train Station is a 10-minute walk away.

Address: Boulevard Anspach 159-163, (formerly Grand Place Royal Embassy Hotel), Brussels, 1000, Belgium
Le Grand Hotel - my mother, me and…
Le Grand Hotel
Street in front of the hotel
From our hotel in Brussels - Whipp…

Compare Namur Hotel Rates (11.1km away)

Brussel Map