Catalina Hotel & Beach Club

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Rates and Deals

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach Reviews

spanish_armada spanish_…
Underrated Apr 22, 2011
Catalina hotel offers very good value for money at premium location in south beach. It has a roof terrace with pool and a good Japanese restaurant downstairs. We ended up paying much less at this hotel than other similar hotels in the area. It was a pity that we found it during our last two days...
jughead_soft jughead_…
a good funky hotel Apr 15, 2011
This is the good hotel if you want something high end, but not too expensive. bed was comfortable, and the room was pretty big. the service is great. the bar and the pool is great.

the staff is very lively

Location suitable
mickij mickij
3.5Star Mystery was a great find, good value Aug 10, 2010
My hubby and I stayed at the Catalina for our 11 yr anniversary. I used and tried the 3.5star mystery and was pleasantly surprised! A friend had recommended the hotel so at least I knew it would be decent. the hotel is actually 3 hotels (Catalina, Dorset, Maxine) in one which allows for a bit of variety at the bars and restaurants and hotel decor. The only warning is that with you take what is available in a standard, which for us was a one-bedroom in the Dorset Hotel. The rooftop pool was very nice and allows a pretty nice view of Collins Ave. The beach club with free towels and chairs was a nice bonus. We enjoyed the free bike rental and the staff was very helpful and friendly. A little noisy during the day, but we were on the first floor near the entrance. Overall, I would certainly recommend and stay there again! Thanks Catalina!!
me and hubby, just arrived at the …
catalina hotel
dorset standard room
dorset standard room, sink and van…
Glynnes says:
Nice review and photos.
Posted on: Aug 15, 2010
travelman727 travelma…
Catalina Hotel & Beach Club South Miami Beach Aug 24, 2009
Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, South Miami Beach

I stayed at Catalina Hotel in South Miami Beach for our August 2009 SOBE TravBuddy meetup. The Catalina Hotel & Beach Club is located in three adjacent buildings, each with its own restaurant and bar. The accommodations range from economy to extremely nice; I ended up in a middle-of-the road room. Catalina’s best features:

* Great location in heart of South Beach

* Free airport shuttle for Miami International Airport

* Free limited house drinks every night from 7:00-8:00 p.m. As a guest, you are entitled to free drinks from any or all of the three bars.

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club is not fancy, but it offers great value for a South Beach property.
Catalina Hotel - Miami South Beach
Offers 3 restaurants & bars
TravBuddies enjoy free drinks
Short stroll to gorgeous beaches
sclark521 says:
Looks like you guys had a great time! I will check out the Catalina also!
Posted on: Aug 08, 2010
Glynnes says:
Luv walking Collins Ave & Ocean Drive when in South Beach. I'll check the Catalina Hotel out next time in MIA. Thanks!
Posted on: Aug 06, 2010
up4anything901 up4anyth…
i enjoyed my stay Sep 30, 2008
catalina is located on collins between 17th and 18th. seems like most of the "good" clubs pick up about 13th or so and run south from there. cab ride back to the hotel cost me $5. on either side of the hotel sits the maxine and dorchester hotels. i dont know if all 3 are owned by the same people but i had access to everything in each. the extras of the other other hotels adds to the experience so i'll add a few deatils on them also. the dorchester has a suishi bar in the lobby and a rooftop pool and bar. a vodka and crandberry set me back $13 (standard for south beach). i heard someone else order a 12 ounce can of soda ($4) and bottled water ($6).

the maxine has a restaurant/ bar in the lobby. look towards the back and you can see the entrance to the pool.

when you check in they'll explain all the amenities available. half way through the "spill" i just smiled. seemed like so much stuff.

go to the maxine pool and get a pass. walk to 18th (2minutes) cross collins and 75 yards you're on the sand. the catalina section is just barely to the right with the red umbrellas. the pass gets you 2 chairs(with pads) and umbrellas. all the stuff and towels have to be turned in by 6 or they charge you for it. speaking of charge. the valet is $32 per night. that seemed excessive.

happy hour. ah, happy hour. its from 7-8pm. most people congregated during this time. it was a great way to meet people, or catch up and swap stories with people you've already met. i met people from NYC, isreal, turkey, sweden, detroit, jersey, even someone in TN 3 hours from me. danny kept the drinks coming fast and strong. i wont say how many i but say you but have 3 (vodka and crandberry). you just saved $40.
my room
sitting area on the 2nd floor
missandrea81 says:
I've stayed here. It's nice!
Posted on: Dec 03, 2009
rvegas rvegas
Catalina Hotel Jun 28, 2008
Take an old building in an awesome location. Fix it up just a little bit, add some funky furniture, lights etc and ... Voilà you have a boutique hotel.

I usually stay at the Catalina when I visit Miami.

The average room costs around $60-70 a night. Its really close to the beach, shopping, food and night life.

They have free drinks starting at 5pm i think until 8pm. This helps get the party started :)

Valet parking is $30 or more. There are cheaper spots in SOBE if you dont mind the walk.

The room itself is like a motel except for the flat screen TV and ipod dock.

Its a good option if you visiting sobe with friends and want to save money.

quick note: if you book through sites like hotwire you have to pay $15 at check in. I forget what this is for.
ky3gz4 ky3gz4
Aug 28, 2007
OK Folks if you are over 35 like me and my lovely bride are this hotel is not for you. The pictures they have on the travel sites are scandalous. This place was an ugly mess, rooms barely cleaned adequately, noisy as hell, and the had this garish RED shag rug all over the place. The rug in front of our door was not vacuumed for 4 out of the 6 days we were there.

Absolutely sucked. only thing good was 1 block away from the beach. but then so was the Days Inn for half the price and they were right on the beach.
missandrea81 says:
LOL... they put up my sister-in-law with her kids in the main building where the lobby doubles as a night club. It must have been very loud at night. She called the cops on them.
Posted on: Dec 03, 2009
missandrea81 missandr…
Party hotel Jul 22, 2007
My husband, his mum and sister and I stayed here for 2 nights in July. It was alright in my book.

The rooms are very modern which was one of the best things about the hotel. If you plan on staying here and you are not a party animal make sure you don't have a room in the main building with the lobby.

The lobby doubles as a night club/lounge area where loud music is played way into the night. (My sister in law with her two little children did not appreciate that!)

The crowd and staff is young and international. So it's more of a Spring Break hotel!

If that's what you like then you are in heaven!!

One block from the beach, central location, close to Ocean Drive and its night life.
Our room in the side building.

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Amenities

• Desk
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Jacuzzi
  • Massage
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Bathrobes