Cat Cafe

www.cat-cafe.lt - +370 671 34343

Cat Cafe Vilnius Reviews

EmyG EmyG
Cat Cafe Jan 23, 2017
Cat Cafe is not just an ordinary cafe. It was established in Vilnius and has a renown of being the best cat cafe in the country. As the name can suggest it has many cats (13 atm - Filas, Nika, Simba, Bobas, Bagyra, Pele, Varvara, Aliaska, Discus, Laguna, Baika, Leila, Tobula) with whom people can interact. As a child I had few animals, usually against my mum’s will, but never a cat. I don’t like cats. I prefer dogs.

As I know that G. loves cats, I wanted to make something nice for him and planned a trip to the cafe without him knowing. I told him we will go there when we landed in Vilnius. The idea was nice but I think he left the cafe a bit disappointed. I also hopped the cafe works differently.

The cafe is not too close to city center, not to the Old Town. But as Vilnius isn’t big, it is easy to just walk there. Cat Cafe is a place where you can have some snacks like hamburgers, chips, pasta, a sandwich or a waffle. While you have a meal or coffee, cats wander around. They seem friendly but they usually ignore the guests. So if you think you will be able to take them on your lap and cuddle, you are wrong. And G. wanted to cuddle them. The best you can do is to pat them, and sometimes even this is not possible, as they don’t really come to people. They are just there. You look at them and that’s all.

If you want to come here anyway, it is advice to book a table in advance. We didn’t and we have been told that there is no free place. 1 minute later, when we already made our way back to the doors, we were told there is one free table. Lucky us. We disinfected hands with the disinfectants and put plastic bags on our shoes. Then we were ready to enjoy the place.

The cafe is very well-kept and clean. You don’t feel animals smell. Cats have own room where they do what they have to do. However you need to remember that you come in and stay in the cafe on your own risk. Animals are animals. Cats can scratch.

Staff seems to be decently friendly. Not rude but also not smiling at all, except of the girl who greets the guests, but her smile looks fake. People working in the cafe seems to do things robotically. For 2 euro they will give you some treats that you can give to animals. They must make huge money on animals’ food. For the price of entire bag you get just few tiny snacks. Cats are not often interested to eat these snack. I guess they are full and bored as they get these things non stop.

As for the meal: I ordered a hamburger and mango shake. The mango shake tasted like a milkshake. I didn’t feel any mango there. The hamburger was terrible. Chips was so salty that I could scratch salt from them and put on the plate. G. had also banana pancakes and he told they were poor. The only thing I loved was Hot Simba drink. It was hot orange juice with a tiny bit of ginger. Was very nice and warming. G. had a cappuccino instead and it was served nicely and with little cookie shaped as a cat (his cookie was broken on half looking like chicken legs). The cafe is pricy, as for Lithuanian standards.

There were loads of kids in the cafe. Most of them followed cats or tried to play with them, but cats were not interested. I felt pity of the kids, and of G. As for me, i don;t really like cats, so I didn't really care whether they will come or not. Even better if they don't.

If you love cats as much as G., or even if you love them a bit less, or not at all, but you want to make your cat lover happy, this is a place for you. Just don’t expect cats to be friendly. You know how cats are. They are selfish and contemptuous usually, and they walk their own ways.
this look :D
yummy paw
Vikram says:
Congrats!!
simsing says:
Congrats on the feature, Emi!
HORSCHECK says:
Emy, congratulation on your featured review, which I already checked out a few days ago. - Thanks for your smiles on my latest reviews and have a lovely time in England and Northern Ireland. I have never visited the latter, although it was already twice on my list.

Check Vilnius Hotel Deals