Castle Ruins

  based on 1 review   write a review

Bath Row, Stamford, United Kingdom

Castle Ruins Stamford Reviews

Airpunk Airpunk
459 reviews
Castle Ruins Nov 17, 2014
There's not much left of the castle, basically only three arches which were once service doors of the so-called Great Hall. The Castle was erected under the rule of William the Conqueror and pulled down around 1484. It occupied most of the area which is today the central bus station. A 13th century gate off Bath Row, a few metres away from the former Bath House, has probably been part of the castle as well though this has never been proven.

The castle ruins are located in open space, there are no opening times. However, don't expect too much.
Castle ruins (the three arches), S…
13th century gate, castle ruins, S…
Link
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!

Check Stamford Hotel Deals

Check-in:
Check-out:
Guests:
Rooms:
Stamford
photo by: sarahelaine