Castillo San Felipe Fortress

Cartagena, Colombia

Castillo San Felipe Fortress Cartagena Reviews

jimdean jimdean
Worth the admission price- I guess Mar 09, 2011
Ok it cost about $30 for 2 of us to enter. This was built for military use only. There are no banquet rooms, no King`s chambers. This is a well constructed unit for fighting off attacks, no more. The view from the top is great you really get to see Cartegena, there are the original archer`s towers and REPRO cannons around the perimeter. Inside are only tunnels. There are small rooms, maybe 8 x 15 feet, every 30` or so, and I`m not sure if these were soldiers bedrooms, or they were for storage, IDK. They also offer guided tours which I highly recommend ( always in Spanish, once or twice daily in English) because the place is rather boring. Most of the tour is sloped upwards going in, so if you are disabled or elderly I won`t recommend it, Cartegena was such a great place I won`t recommend spending your time here to anyone really, but there were some good photo ops and a few souvenir stands and artists worth visiting there.

If I knew then what I know now- maybe I would have gone, but I would definitely not go again now. Heard there`s an aquarium there which I didn`t see- go there instead.
leonaxl leonaxl
typical tourist place Mar 10, 2011
Typical tourist place near the center of Cartagena de Indias. It is a fortress of spanish domination with a particular gallery used to talk by soldiers. It is very interesting and fine to see.
jendara jendara
Castillo de San Felipe Oct 17, 2010
Today is the featured destination Cartagena de Indias in Colombia, also I want write a few lines about the Castillo de San Felipe, an imposing colonial building in the walled city of Cartagena and is a major tourist city of Colombia.

The memory I have as a tourist in Cartagena is very pleasing, and spend a few days with lots of beaches, fun and history on the ride to the Castle of San Felipe is one of the rides required in this city, to see the beauty of This castle and the importance of their time to protect the city.

It is interesting to know the walls, the various floors in which is built and all the corridors and tunels of this historic place

Sorry for the quality of the photograph as it is a scanned image of my visit to this beautiful city.

In Spanish:

Hoy que el destino destacado es Cartagena de Indias en Colombia, pongo unas cuantas líneas sobre el Castillo de San Felipe, imponente construcción de la Colonia en esta ciudad amurallada de Cartagena y que es una ciudad turística muy importante de Colombia.

El recuerdo que tengo como turista de Cartagena es muy grato, ya que pase unos días de mucha playa, historia y diversión, en los que el paseo al Castillo de San Felipe es uno de los paseos obligados en esta ciudad, para ver lo lindo de este castillo y la importancia de su época para proteger a la ciudad.

Es interesante conocer las murallas, los diversos pisos en los que esta construido y todos los pasillos y túneles de este histórico lugar.

Perdón por la calidad de la fotografía ya que es de una foto escaneada de mi visita a esta bella ciudad.
El Castillo de San Felipe
El en Castillo de San Felipe
Castillo de San Felipe
jendara says:
Gracias:) Thanks for the congrats my friends:)
Lilliana77 says:
Felicidades Jose!! :)
beetles108 says:
Congrats Jose! :)
Nair2011 Nair2011
Well Maintained castle Dec 25, 2010
Castillo San Felipe Fortress is one of the tourist attractions in Cartagena, Colombia. This place is worth to visit once to see Cartagena from top.

This castle has well maintained garden in front and also we can see some cannon in front and top of the castle.

Priced around 10USD per person. this place has Guided tours too. Souvenir shop is on top and we can pick up some good souvenirs to cherish the memories of Cartagena visit.

Visiting this place in the morning helps us to keep all our evening time to spend on boca grande area.
montecarlostar says:
I didn't go to this place, but surely I will on my next time in Cartagena.
Posted on: May 28, 2012
RainyDayToast RainyDay…
Sep 24, 2007
Entry is $12,000 pesos.

A large fortress built in the 17th century. Really impressive and a must see in Cartagena.

Related Travel Blogs About Castillo San Felipe Fortress

Volcan del Totumo and Castillo San Felipe Fortress
Had booked us in on the Volcan del Totumo tour today. Basically, it is a mud volcano... pretty obvious huh!? It actually erupted in 1996 and we saw some of the remains from the explosion on our way u…Castillo San Felipe fortress was built in the 17th century (plans drew up in 1639 and eventually completed in 1789. Cartagena

Check Cartagena Hotel Deals