Castello Scaligero Malcesine Reviews
The Scaligero castle in Malcesine Jul 13, 2010
It is common to hear the name "Scaligero" when visiting antiques of northern Italy.
One of the places where we can hear it is Malcesine - beautiful small town that lies on the shores of Garda Lake.
The original date of building the castle is not known. One thing is known it's the name of the castle.
"Scaligero" was the name of the noble family that dominated the region of Verona and Garda lake in the XIII century.
What to see when visiting castle:
- really cool exhibition about the history of the fishing on Garda lake
- small exhibition about history of Garda lake and Monte Baldo pick
- Gothe arts exhibition (he dedicated a few of his works to Malcesine )
- main tower of the castle from which there is a beautiful view on the lake
- when entering the castle we have to pay for the tickets (off course there are some discounts for children)
Part of the Summer trip to northern Italy travel blog
2 / 2 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
Jul 17, 2007
If you have some time left, you should visit this castle. In the 12th century it was built on a rock in the middle of the village Malcesine. Inside of the castle there is a exhibition of different interesting things about the east coast of the lake. There is also a room dedicated to Johann Wolfgang Goethe, who stayed at the Garda Lake for some days.
Part of the Lago di Garda, Italy travel blog