Castaway's Seafood Grille

(360) 642-4745

Castaway's Seafood Grille Long Beach Reviews

TYoungTX TYoungTX
Fish and Chips May 02, 2008
Long Beach is known for locally caught seafood. Castaways Seafood Grille is located on the main drag in Long Beach (Pacific Avenue) and serves up some really good fish and chips. The night I was there, we had a choice between locally caught codfish or halibut. I tried the codfish, and it was a good choice. The fish has a very light beer batter and is not as heavily breaded as a lot of fish and chips. The fish was fresh and the breading did not get soggy like many others I have tried. It was served with fresh lemon, malt vinegar and hot french fries (chips). I had a couple of glasses of a Washington State pinot noir -- it was a nice compliment to my fish and chips.

The restaurant also has steaks, burgers and other seafood dishes. One in our party had the shrimp, and rated it poorly -- not very firm and a bit mushy.
Castaways Seafood Grille
glennisnz says:
fresh local fish cooked perfectly; what more could you ask for in a fish and chip joint?
Sounds great.
Posted on: May 07, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Castaway's Seafood Grille

Off to the Pacific Northwest
I met Paul at the Portland airport, and we rented a convertible there, and headed toward the coast via US 4 which follows the Columbia River on the north side of the river in Washington State.  …Long Beach for a pre-wedding dinner for the group.  We had a nice dinner at the Castaways Seafood Grille

Check Long Beach Hotel Deals