Cassidys Hotel

Check Dublin Hotel Deals

Cassidys Hotel Dublin Reviews

haidgirl haidgirl
Expensive but good location Apr 06, 2017
This was the most expensive place we stayed at on our UK/Ireland tour, but one of the cheaper places I could find in Dublin! I guess Dublin is an expensive city to stay in (food/drinks were average price but hotel rooms were expensive).

For being so darn expensive (was about $600CAD, two rooms, two nights), I wasn't overly impressed. I guess it didn't help that as I was trying to check in, the girl at reception was on the phone so I was politely waiting when another person came up to speak to reception. The guy asked if I was in line and I said yes. Another member of staff came to help the girl on the phone. He completely ignored me and asked, "Can I help you, sir?" to the guy behind me. The guy said "Oh yes..." I just stood there with my mouth gaping open. Not only had the reception clerk just blanked me, but then the guy behind me just butt in front of me as well without saying something like, "Oh, sorry, she was here first." Within a few seconds the girl was off the phone and I commented on how rude the clerk working with her was and how rude the other patron was. Poor gal, I'm not sure she knew what to make of the whole thing and tried to get on with finding out what I wanted. ANYWAY, so that was my first impression of the place.

We got our rooms, apparently in the 'new' part. They were a good trek from the reception, through a hallway full of damp from a leak of some kind that still had the dehumidifier running to dry out the carpet (it was there the three days we were).

The rooms themselves were good. Clean, spacious. Mom and Dad's room was rather large with a double bed and a single bed against the wall. My room was a double. Both rooms had a private bathroom (Mom and Dad's had a bathtub, I didn't), complimentary tea/coffee, TV, a small desk, chair, etc. Our room's window also didn't close properly, which I didn't think would be too big of a deal because it faced an alleyway. However, at 6am when the garbage trucks came through, the beeping was a little loud.

Breakfast was NOT included, you had to pay another 10 euros for that if you booked the night before, or 12 euros on the morning. I thought it was a bit much, but out of convenience, we booked the night before. It was satisfactory. Buffet style with all the fixings of eggs, meats, cereals, breads, buns, fruit, yogurt. Tea/coffee and juice was ordered from your waiter.

Parking is also NOT included here. They have a couple spots for free but you will need to book one ahead if you have any hope of getting one. The parking they provide otherwise is a couple blocks away in a secure, multi-story car park. They give you a discount; it cost about 12 euros/night.
Cassidys Hotel Dublin
Cassidys Hotel Dublin
My room. Cassidys Hotel Dublin
My room. Cassidys Hotel Dublin
Lost256 Lost256
Decent quality, terrible service. Jun 08, 2011
I stayed here last summer during the start of the world cup.The hotel is a bit pricy but not too out of sorts for the downtown Dublin area. I got a single bedroom and the room was relatively clean with decent size. The surrounding area is nice, although the bars right near the hotel were surprisingly tame and empty. My two major complaints were mostly related to service and as follows:

1. The Restaraunt. Personally my food was bad, but several other tables had it worse. I don't know if it was just bad night there, but at least two surrounding tables had issues with the wrong orders coming their way. They seemed to be panic-stricken in the wait staff and the situation turned into a little bit of a circus.

2. My major quarrel with the hotel involved the 'guest' policy. Late one night there I happened to bring a 'guest' ;P back to the hotel. The concierge explained that since I did not purchase a double room, I was not allowed to bring a guest into the hotel. My pleading went to no avail, and I had to call my new friend a cab. I can't speak for other hotel policies, but personally I have never been so frustrated by such a cheap business. Especially given the fact I was already spending $100 night for that 'single' room.
footloose4224 footloos…
Great stay near the sites Jun 06, 2010
Cassidys was a lovely place with very nice staff. It was just a short walk to a number of sites and one of the hop on, hop off bus stops. We didn't eat at the hotel so I can't speak for that. We also weren't looking for any frills or bells and whistles, so if you just want a simple place to lay your head, this is it.

Also, we arrived way earlier than check in, but the staff had no problem holding our bags in the lobby while we walked around to pass time. They also rushed the preparation of one of our rooms so that we could get in sooner.
The view from our room at Cassidys

Cassidys Hotel Overview

Set directly in Parnell Square, the Cassidys Hotel Dublin is a good choice for leisure and business travelers alike. The property is within a mile of the Christ Church Cathedral, City Hall, Dublin Castle, Trinity College, the Temple Bar and Dublin Docklands. Guests can easily walk to Mountjoy Square Park, and are actually located at the top of the city’s main thoroughfare, O’Connell Street. The Cassidys Hotel Dublin is located at 6-8 Cavendish Row Upper O'Connell Street and is 4.7 miles from the Dublin Airport.

Each guestroom in the Cassidys Hotel Dublin is equipped with satellite TV, a hair dryer, room service, climate controls, a beverage station, high-speed Internet access, a personal safe, a full-sized bathroom with tub, direct dial phone service, and luxury linens and bedding.

Those staying at the hotel will greatly appreciate the fine facilities and services including 24-hour front desk service, banqueting facilities, a currency exchange, a modern fitness room, a lounge with bar service, free daily breakfast service, meeting and conference rooms, free parking on the premises, child care services, laundry and dry cleaning services, an in-house restaurant, and a sauna.

Cassidys Hotel Amenities

• Facsimile
  • Disabled Accessible Rooms
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Fitness Facilities
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower