Casimir

212-358-9683

Casimir New York Reviews

sventh sventh
Affordable and delicious French food at a neighborhood gem Jul 22, 2011
Let me preface this review by saying I give stars relatively, as in based on category (price, cuisine, degree of formality, etc.). With that being said, Casimir is totally deserving of 5 stars as a best-in class sample of affordable, delicious, Alphabet-City (East Village)-casual, French cuisine.

Come early for a cheap $19 prix fixe (served from 5:30-7:30 I believe?) and plenty of room for yourself, or come later on a Thursday or Friday for a more crowded, cozy ambiance. On my most recent trip I started with a decent glass of red and a large bowl of spicy, warm, and delicious chickpea soup with duck confit. My friend got a bowl of french onion soup, which we both agreed was among the best we'd ever tasted in NYC. We soaked crusty baguette after crusty baguette in each of our broths and, honestly, could have left completely satisfied then and there... but I'm so glad the deliciousnes didn't stop there.

For my main, I ordered the moules frites, and was presented with a huge mixing-bowl-sized portion of delicious, perfectly cooked mussels that I'm still disappointed to say I couldn't finish no matter how hard I tried. And my friend's chicken was so tender nothing more than a fork was needed to pull off a tasty morsel.

Somehow I had just enough room to share creme brulee, which again, was delicious.

Cute restaurant. Delicious French food. You can have the place to yourself or share with a packed house of trendy East Villagers depending what time and day you go. Stop reading this and go now.

Check New York Hotel Deals