Cascade aux Ecrevisses, Vernou, Guadeloupe

Cascade aux Ecrevisses Vernou Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Nice place for a quick stop Apr 23, 2012
It didn’t take us long to get to the Cascade Aux Ecrevisses from our bungalow even though I drove as slow as possible in order to enjoy the landscape and all the details. More than often I pulled the car to the side and let the local drivers pass. The Cascade Aux Ecrevisses is a waterfall that is free to the public to watch and it is very far from the craziness of the Jamaican sites that I visited last year.

The parking was free and I was lucky enough to find a space without any problems. There was a tourist shop where you could buy local made artwork and get something cold to drink. They announced that they sold freshly squeezed juices but it was not entirely true because it was only from 8am to noon; why I have no idea.

We left the little shop and walked the 10 minutes walk along a nicely paved path in the wet and humid forest meeting families and couples going the other way. We took many pictures in the forest and suddenly we had the waterfall in front of us. The waterfall was nice and some kids were bathing in the water and seemed to enjoy themselves. Next to the waterfall there was a fast stream running where people also were sitting on the rock enjoying the cold water on this warm and humid day.
Beauty in the water
Wooden parrot in the shop

Compare Bouillante Hotel Rates (13.6km away)

Cascade aux Ecrevisses Map