Cascade River State Park campground

Cascade River State Park, Lutsen, MN, USA
www.dnr.state.mn.us/state_pa… - 1-866-85PARKS (1-866-857-2757) 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. CT, daily
Cascade River State Park campground - morning at the campsite

Check Lutsen Hotel Deals

Cascade River State Park campground Lutsen Reviews

alyssa_ob alyssa_ob
nice wooded sites Jul 07, 2009
Cascade River State Park has a campground with about 40 drive in sites and 5 back pack sites. Most of the sites are reservable (for an additional fee) and can only be reserved online or by phone. A few sites are non-reservable, but it is a gamble if you choose not to reserve because there may not be any sites open when you arrive. Check in/out is at 4 pm but you can arrive earlier for non-reserve sites. The sites are $18/night and are non-electric sites. Some sites are for tents only and some are longer for campers.

I checked on line for site availability and only a few sites were available for 2 nights in a row so I chose to reserve online to guarantee I had a site. Since I had never been to the park, I wasn't sure what I would be getting. Turns out we had a really nice wooded site not too far from the bathrooms.

The site is for tents and had a sand/gravel tent pad, picnic table and fire ring. A water spigot was two sites away and the bathrooms were about 5 sites away. They had 3 flush toilets, 3 sinks and two showers. The best feature was the hot air hand dryer (since it was so cold!). The showers were warm, but the temp was not adjustable. You also had to keep pushing the button since the water only flowed for a minute or so at a time. Shower shoes highly recommended.

The campground had normal noise, possibly even quiet for a campground. Ear plugs are recommended for snoring neighbors. When everyone goes to bed, you can hear the cascades roaring in the distance. You can also hear the traffic on Highway 61. The traffic isn't steady, but you do hear every vehicle that goes by.
park entrance sign
our campsite
shower has bench in "dry" area
bathrooms
dougmi says:
Nice review. I work for the park service in So.Car. so I am always interested in other state park operations. Thanks so much for sharing.
Posted on: Jul 13, 2009