Cascade Brewery Tour

Cascade Brewery Tour - The historic Cascade Brewery
Cascade Brewery Tour - Catching the sun at the edge of the brewing building
Cascade Brewery Tour - Our fabulously funny tour guide
Cascade Brewery Tour - Established 1824
Cascade Brewery Tour - One of our group partaking in the brew.

Cascade Brewery Tour Hobart Reviews

Sunflower300 Sunflowe…
Aug 16, 2007
We met our guide in the visitor centre and went into the briefing room for some safety tips, and to receive our visibility vest and eye protection. As this is a working brewery, they cannot be too careful. I visited on a Saturday so the brewery was not in operation; however, we still needed our safety gear.

Out the front of the visitor centre our guide gave us the run down on the historic building and told us a few little secrets (I won’t reveal them here so I don’t spoil the surprise; it has nothing to do with not remembering them).

The tour itself took us through the process of beer making, from the raw ingredients to the finished and drinkable product. Along the way, we saw each step in the brewing process and had the chance to win free beer vouchers for when we went back to the visitor centre after the tour.

I thoroughly enjoyed this tour even though I am not a beer drinker (I know, and I call myself an Aussie!). I did however enjoy the cider, never having previously liked cider.

After the tour, my group and I enjoyed lunch in the restaurant at the visitor centre and it was deliciously delectable. We had somewhere else to go straight after lunch, but if you are not in a hurry, the gardens are just stunning and well worth a visit.
The historic Cascade Brewery
Catching the sun at the edge of th…
Established 1824
Our fabulously funny tour guide

Check Hobart Hotel Deals