Casbah Tea House & Restaurant

(520) 740-0393

Casbah Tea House & Restaurant Tucson Reviews

Africancrab Africanc…
Eco-friendly, organic tea & vegetarian restaurant May 07, 2008
I visited the Casbah Tea house over the weekend with my friend Tim and some strangers we met at the Wine tasting and dance we had previously been to. Katie one of the ladies we met was extremely enthusiastic and had such a persuasive tongue that it was hard to say no. She seems to be a home maker and quite the persuasive organizer. Anyway the Casbah tea house was busy, dingy and a rather personal place with a homey seating arrangement running the length and width of the backyard area. The back restaurant charming and fitted out as a Bedouin tent with Moroccan stools, Afghan runners and carpets and furniture from the middle east making it fun to visit. There was live music playing and the musicians played gypsy music from their hearts and souls while the crowd danced. Tim and I had not had dinner by the time we got to the tea house so we went ahead and ordered vegan soup and hot tea (it was a little cool outside).

They had a wide range of delicious teas, fair trade coffees and awesome cookies. I'm a tea drinker and drink more black tea than any other kinds of tea (well tea from my home country). I ordered black tea (pokea) and Tim took apple-cider tea. Once we had happy stomachs, we danced to gypsy music before leaving and heading to an actual live music dance place.

Check Tucson Hotel Deals