Casablanca

Venice, California

Casablanca Venice Reviews

alygally alygally
Casablanca Restaurant Jul 17, 2008
This is, hands down, my favorite restaurant in Los Angeles. I discovered it right before I moved away, when I was looking for a restaurant for Valentine's Day. I fell in love immediately, and make a point of eating there every time I go back.

The food and decor certainly don't match, but it all adds to the overall ambiance of the place. It is, first and foremost, a Mexican restaurant (along with a few seafood dishes), and while I've had better, more authentic Mexican food at other places, I have never eaten anything there that I did not like. Instead of the standard chips-and-salsa fare upon sitting down, you're served fresh, hand-made tortillas and amazing green salsa with bits of cheese and avocado mixed in. I think I could go there and just have tortillas and margaritas, and be entirely satisfied. After gorging myself on three or four of those tortillas, I rarely have enough room to finish my actual meal!

The service can be pretty hit and miss at times, in all honesty. When they're not very busy, however, the wait-staff is incredibly friendly and helpful.

The decor of the restaurant is probably what brings it the most charm. The parking lot outside has spots designated for "Humphrey Bogart," "Ingrid Bergman," "Claude Rains," etc. Upon entering the front door, you're greeted with a sign telling you that you're "Now leaving Venice, CA and entering Casablanca, Morocco." Posters from the movie are everywhere, along with other memorabilia (like a "Rick's Place" sign above the door). To top it all off, life-size paintings of the characters adorn the walls.
Life-sized Rick Blaine
Fabulous margaritas!
My mom with the painting of Capita…

Check Venice Hotel Deals