Amsterdam, Netherlands

Check Amsterdam Hotel Deals

Casa400 Amsterdam Reviews

xxwishnonstarzz xxwishno…
Bare bones hotel a bit out of the way Jul 11, 2008
Stayed here on a tour we took when our original hostel ended up being cancelled due to a problem they were having. Therefore, I really don't know the price for sure but I've heard its pretty affordable. I probably wouldn't pay over £60 for a double/twin room, if that.

The location kills it. 15 min bus ride from Centraal Station and all the fun things to do there. There's really NOTHING around the hotel, and the scenery is ugly office-type buildings. None of the rich architecture of the center of the city. It is, however, nearly across the street from Amstel station so you can catch any of the buses that go there. Be prepared for the extra travel cost.

Rooms were bare minimum but very clean. Beds were like cots but pretty comfy. No A/C but they supply fans to every room. There's a small TV as well with a few channels in English. All and all a minimum stay but better than a lot of hotels I've seen.

Breakfast was moderate but enough to fill and free! Hard boiled eggs, toast and other breads, cereal, and cold meats. There's also a bar and restaurant which seemed pretty decent but we didn't end up there. 'Nightly' cocktail special was the same both nights we were there.

I felt moderately safe here. I know their system of keys would not fly in the US with most people. You turn in your key before you leave each day and claim it with a ticket when you return, no ID required. IDK, but it didn't seem the most secure way to do it but I suppose there's worse things.

The stay was decent but like I said location kills it. If its the only affordable thing available take it but otherwise stay closer to the city and enjoy yourself more.
Bartje83 says:
Location really isn't that bad, Amstel station is righ around the corner, and metros take you straight to the center in a couple of minutes, for less than a euro if you buy a 'strippenkaart'.
Also, it's a very nice walk along the Amstel river, and will take you to the center in about 30 minutes of walking.

And I really know the place well, I lived there for 7 months :) (in the hotel, yes.)
Posted on: Jun 13, 2009