Casa Verde Hostel & Guest House

Check Bocas del Toro Hotel Deals

Casa Verde Hostel & Guest House Bocas del Toro Reviews

clowboy clowboy
Waterfront Backpackers in Bocas Del Toro (Town) Dec 26, 2011
I found this place expensive, that said it's waterfront so you kind of have to expect to pay more. A private room was $33 for two with shared bathroom, a hotel was $20 with a private bath (Casa Verde had hot water the hotel did not).

Location....waterfront at the start of town..need I say more?

It was clean enuff for a hostel but don't expect too much, also the first couple of nights we stayed there our room smelt very badly of urine, I think there was a plumbing issue (as it slowly got weaker as the days passed)

No real safety equipment in place but Bocas was a really safe town so it's not needed.

The bed was average, however average is adequate.

It's a pretty fun place, they have a live band (of varying quality) roughly every second night. Pretty easy to meet people there and the bar / common area etc is waterfront so a great place to chill.

Free Wifi and a decent enough kitchen. Staff were pretty helpful.

The room may have included aircon, we didnt need / use it, I tried to turn it on once just to see if it worked and didnt get it to work, however as we didnt need it I didnt pursue it further, some other rooms seemed to have aircon running so I don't think it was an aditional cost but I can't be sure.
Dock