Casa Sol y Luna

Casa Sol y Luna Rates and Deals

Casa Sol y Luna Sevilla Reviews

delsol67 delsol67
Beware - don't let this happen to you Aug 20, 2009
I booked this hostel through their own reservations system. I booked a double for 3 nights in May, a busy time in Seville. I received a response emal from them and proceeded to return email with a few questions that I had. After, I emailed a confirmation that I accepted the reservation. I think that my reservation is complete.

I arrive at the hostel 2 months later, expecting to be checked in. The manager on duty checked her paperwork and told me that she had no reservation. I had printed out the email communication, as I always do. I showed it to her and her response was that this was not a confirmation. She said that to have a confirmed reservation, I should have an email that says confirmation. Well, I asked her how would I know that and proceeded to show her my acceptance of the reservation initiation response. She said "well, that is not a confirmation. She repeated that she had no room for us. Then she said "If you had a confirmation, I would have to find you alternate accomodations. Since you don't, I can't help you". I tried explaining how I would think that my reservation was confirmed and that if I needed to expect a special confirmation email, that was not stated, so how could I know that. She really didn't seem to care, stating again, "if you had a confirmation, things would be different". She, then said that it was possible that this was reservation was handled by a girl that they had since let go for not doing her job properly. I couldn't believe her. She stood there and came up with a plausable explanation and even then wouldn't help us.

We left, with no accomodations, in a busy period, on a Friday. It took us several hours of our first time to visit Seville but, eventually we found a place with a room.

I have traveled to 51 countries and had never had this happen before or since.

The ratings I have given are based on out entering the hostel and what I did see as we waited and then discussed the reservation. I gave them the benefit of the doubt on bed and went with average. As there was much noise when we were there, I rated it based on that. The other items were easier to assess from what I could see. There was a strange thing, many of the rooms that I could see didn't have 4 walls, they had 3 and then were open to a central interior courtyard area and had a curtain/shutters. I gave them low scores in safety and loudness for that reason, also.

Check Casa Sol y Luna Rates and Deals