Casa Rio

(210) 225-6718

Casa Rio San Antonio Reviews

montecarlostar montecar…
Touristy, but nice place to dine by the Riverwalk Mar 03, 2012
We were walking down Commerce St. in San Antonio looking for some Mexican food and we found this restaurant. Of course it was the touristy kind of Mexican places, but I still thought it would be a good idea to go, because I could show Harry some of the Mexican dishes.

It was a beautiful sunny day and we found a table by the river. I felt so relaxed and my margarita made me feel even better, lol.

I ordered some grilled chicken which I thought was ok, but maybe a little too salty. The charro beans it came with were awesome indeed.

The food was reasonably authentic, and the prices are average for a place like this, but what really stands out about this restaurant is the wonderful location.

There are mariachi bands playing if you want to hear Mexican music. I did. :)
The menu
Love this place!
Posted on: Mar 06, 2012
williamsworld williams…
Great river eating May 27, 2009
I really enjoyed eating at this restaurant along the river walk in downtown San Antonio. There is a lot of history in this place. Casa Rio was the first San Antonio business to open its doors to the River and take advantage of the River's setting. Canoes, gondolas, and paddle boats, evolving into tour and dinner boats, began here and helped create the River walk of today.

They have seating along the river or you can eat inside. We chose the sidewalk. You will have to wait a bit if you want toe at outside because every tourist and their family wants to as well. They will take your name and your ID when they give you a little pager to notify you that your table is ready. It is not too ad of a wait if you get there pretty early.

The service is as good as it gets along a busy walk way. The birds and the ducks can be pretty obnoxious, unless you think they are so cute that you want to share your meal with them. I really believe most people just wanted to watch the ducks fight over the chips. Well, maybe just the children. It is nice. The tables are clean and the area is well kept.

They have a pretty extensive menu. You can access it on line before you go. We did, which really sped up our service. We ordered right as we sat down. I had the Taco salad and Stefan had the Quesadillas. He said that they were the best ones he had ever had. Now, he is German, but he loves food. The chips and salsa were plentiful, but the salsa was much better than the chips. They are pretty well known for there Chili Con Carne. It has a real history and it’s all written up in the menu. We ordered a bowl and it was as good as they say.

I really enjoyed their Lime Vinaigrette House Dressing. It had a taste that I will soon forget. Drinks were very reasonable, but I wanted water with a lime and added some sweet and low. A very refreshing limeade along with my salad.

We really enjoyed the entire experience and would suggest that everyone take some time and sit under the colorful umbrellas that line this historic part of the Riverwalk.
Casa Rio
even the ducks like the food
The Restaurant from above