Casa Maya

Saint Augustine, Florida
Casa Maya - Out front.
Casa Maya - Tasteful Mayan Decor
Casa Maya - I believe this was flan, I didn't try it (which is why I don't remember it) but they tore threw it pretty quick.
Casa Maya - This was my chocolate cake. Layers of cake and mousse, SO FREAKING GOOD!!
Casa Maya - Ladies night requires lots of sangria.
Casa Maya - Outdoor Garden
Casa Maya - A Satisfied Customer...:-')

Casa Maya Saint Augustine Reviews

not_kate not_kate
Personal and Cozy Restaurant. Mar 09, 2010
We stumbled upon this place by accident during our hour long wait trying to get a table at the Columbia which is down the street. This place could seat us immediately so we decided to be adventurous and go for it.

The restaurant is a small hole-in-the wall place and if you aren't specifically looking for it you might miss it. We're pretty sure it's a converted house which is located near downtown St. Augustine, and can only probably seat 16-20 people at a time. So if you don't like an intimate dining experience, go elsewhere.

The food is Spanish/Mexican/Mayan (hence the name) and was crazy good. If you're looking for traditional (Americanized) Mexican food don't dine here because you won't find it.

I'm a pretty picky eater so I was a little scared about going here, but I had a meal with pork (I wish I could remember the name) and I wanted to cry it was so good. The pork was tender enough to cut with my fork and the pico was just right (I ended up asking for more to put on everything.) My meal was served with rice and plantains. The only problem I had with the food is that my stomach wasn't big enough to consume it all.

The service was amazing. I'm pretty sure the owner was our waiter. He was so friendly and seemed genuinely glad that we came in. He even went out of his was to make sure that my 20 month old niece was happy and having a good time. The food came at a slower pace, but that's what I would expect from a family owned and laid back restaurant.

There is no doubt, I will be back next time I'm in St. Augustine.

Look for it.... 17 Hypolita St. St Augustine FL 32084
Out front.
I believe this was flan, I didn't …
This was my chocolate cake. Layers…
Ladies night requires lots of sang…
cyanidekandy cyanidek…
Very misleading indeed! Jul 28, 2008
When I first saw the Mayan sign I was excited. I had never seen anyone serve Mayan food before. Me and my boyfriend walk in and sit down. I look at the menu and was very sad because there was nothing Mayan on it. Unless you count someone slapping Mayan to the front of the name. The menu was so tiny I had hardly a choice. So I ordered the Mayan wrap which was like a wrap you could get at Moe's. My boyfriend had a Cuban sandwich. Yeah I said Cuban not Mayan. Our drinks were canned cokes in plastic cups that we poured ourselves.(Yeah I know o so Mayan!)Plus, our food came in little tacky fry baskets. If you are thinking of going here don't its a waste of time.
yjc513 yjc513
Mexican Cuisine,anyone? Jun 30, 2008
If you are looking for a touch of organic "Mexican" cuisine" on an "off beaten" path...well,this is the place..:-) Casa Maya is a delightful, "intimate and cozy" restaurant on a narrow street that immediately whispers in your ear an invitation in come hither. The establishment has a small dining area and a romantic outdoor garden for your dining pleasure.

The menu has quite a variety to choose from. Their black bean soup is a must! There are many entrees to chose from and they are all worth sampling!

Treat yourself,a significant other or even the group you are traveling with!

Dinner Served: Thursday,Friday and Saturday

Open Daily- 8:30-3:30 p.m.

Closed Tuesday