Casa Loma

www.casaloma.org - (416) 923-1171

Casa Loma Toronto Reviews

jamesdean252 jamesdea…
Casa Loma - Toronto Aug 07, 2011
We stopped at Casa Loma the majestic castle of Canada upon our road trip. Construction was finished on the castle in 1914 and was the home of Canadian financier Sir Henry Pellatt. Until the city seized Casa Loma in 1933 for back taxes and became a Museum in 1937.

This is a self-guided multimedia tour available in many different languages. It is kind of pricy if you are just planning on taking a tour of the Castle. We bought the city pass which has a handful of the areas main attractions at a discounted price. I would recommend getting the city pass if you are in town for a couple of days.

Casa Loma has 98 rooms, a tower with five acres of gardens. An underground tunnel connects Casa Loma to the Hunting Lodge and to The Stables (Garage, Potting Shed, Stalls, Carriage Room and Tack Rooms).

My favorite part of the place was the unfinished swimming pool and the tower. It was pretty hot up in the tower but was glad I made my way to the top; it had a wonderful view of the city. It was also great to be able to use the multimedia device to be able to learn more about different parts of the house. The house is in great shape and the staff seemed pretty friendly, didn’t really ask any questions since the multimedia device told me everything that I had questions about.

Casa Loma has served as a location for movies such as X-Men, Strange Brew, Chicago, The Tuxedo, The Pacifier and many more.

If you are ready to step back in time to a period of European splendour and elegance make sure you stop at Casa Loma.
HuBison says:
98 rooms! Holy cow!
Posted on: Jun 24, 2012
wuha wuha
Good but expensive! Mar 19, 2011
Casa Loma was OK, but... I misunderstood what the place would be like. Maybe that's my fault rather than theirs, but I saw words on their website like "castle", "tunnel", and "secret passages" and got the wrong idea. I thought our 8-year-old son would like it, and instead he was basically bored to tears. He liked the weapons display (of course!) up on the top floor, but that was about it. The "secret passages" were nothing special at all, the looong tunnel to the "stable" was pointless (no horses), etc. The spiral stairs up 4 flights to the top of the tower were kind of fun, but once at the top, it was stifling hot and there were only tiny closed high-up window views of the city below.

Kid aspect aside, unless you really like architecture, gardens, history, that sort of thing, there's not much here for you.

And then as the kicker, the whole thing -- 2 adults, 1 kid, parking -- ran us about $60 (US). Definitely not worth it!
xCOREx xCOREx
Interesting Canadian Castle Jan 07, 2011
I found this place to be pretty neat to see. Some of the audio guide dragged on but was very informative when you needed information (duh!).

This was included in the Toronto City Pass so if you paid for that I would recommend it. If you have not paid for it I would only visit it if history is a hobby of yours. It featured elegant rooms and cases of war relics and a unique view of the city from the tower. The graffiti both adds and takes away from the experience. The graffiti covers the walls in the tower portion of the tour so it is limited but it is also interesting to see the broad range of individuals who have visited from different countries.
Main Entrance Room
silan silan
May 30, 2007
Casa Loma is a great place to visit. It's an out-of-place, but magnificent castle in the middle of Toronto, and once you step inside, you forget that you're in a bustling metropolis. Audio tours are free, so take advantage! they give you a good history of the house and lead you through the building and its beautifully restored rooms. There are also underground tunnels that lead the stables. Don't forget to wander the grounds where there are beautiful water fountains and gardens!
silan says:
Yeah, there's an organ in the house that Sir Henry bought for $75 000. It arrived at the house just in time to be auctioned off with the rest of his possessions... it was sold for $40!
Posted on: Jul 07, 2007
geoffd says:
here's the wikipedia article story on it. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casa_Loma
pretty interesting. rich guy builds ridiculous castle in the early 20th century, runs out of money, has to hand it over to the government.
Posted on: Jul 02, 2007

Related Travel Blogs About Casa Loma

Toronto Zoo, Casa Loma, Downtown Toronto
Woke up this morning and did my workout again. It makes you feel good and wakes you up!!  Today's going to be another long day and we are both looking forward to it. This has been the coldest da…Casa Loma. It will give us another reason to come back to Toronto. Casa Loma is the former estate of Sir Henry…
Toronto
Amy's husband David is the cook of the house, and he made lemon scones which are the best I have ever had. Scones are hard to make, or it's easy to end up with scones which are hocky pocks. These wer…Toronto, a castle called Casa Loma and old money residential districts. The drive back to the east side of Toronto
The Beauty and Splendor of Niagara Falls
I was up at five oclock this morning. I've been going to the gym before work and I did not want to drop my routine while on vacation. The gym was on the fifth floor of the hotel. There was a heated p…constuction everywhere. Stop and go traffic...blah!!  Tomorrow it's the Toronto Zoo and castle Casa Loma.     …

Check Toronto Hotel Deals