Casa Jocotenango

(502) 5203 3556
Casa Jocotenango - Entrance to reception area
Casa Jocotenango - Street outside Casa Jocotenango
Casa Jocotenango - Casa Jocotenango from street
Casa Jocotenango - With Luis the owner of Casa Jocotenango in front of his hotel before we left (he took us to the airport)
Casa Jocotenango - Breakfast area
Casa Jocotenango - Reception area
Casa Jocotenango - Double room

Check Guatemala City Hotel Deals

Casa Jocotenango Guatemala City Reviews

Cho Cho
Small but nice accommodation in Guatemala City Jan 27, 2017
After searching online for suitable hotels in Guatemala City we came across this cosy B&B place in the historic district of the city. All the reviews written about it were positive, especially about its owner/manager, so we decided to stay there. We were not disappointed at all.

As promised in his email, Senor Luis the owner was waiting for us at the airport when we arrived. Every time I book a hotel online I also look if airport pick up is provided as I don't want to hassle with cab drivers, or going around in circles trying to find the right hotel in town. One may have to pay a bit more than a regular taxi but you are sure to get to your hotel without any problems.

The room we had on the second floor was large with lots of space to put your belongings. The bathroom is also big. I did have a slight problem with using the hot water. In almost every hotel I've stayed in, the water faucet on the left is always the Hot side and the one on the right the cold side. Well, at this hotel it had the letter 'C' on the right so I automatically assumed that it was for Cold. So, I used the 'F' (left) side and man oh man, did I have a freezing shower on the first day! Later on, Luis told me that 'C' stands for the Spanish word, "caliente" which means hot in English. In all my years of traveling around the world, I should have known that, how stupid of me!

Anyway, back to my review....a continental breakfast is included in the room rate of US$41 a night. Wi-fi connection was quite good in the room. TV set in room too, which we never watched due to our hectic schedule. Bathroom had clean towels, soap and shampoo. No air-conditioner though, although we really didn't need it in January. Not sure during the summer months.

As for the location, the hotel is only a 10 to 15 minute leisurely walk to the city's main square. There's a small convenience store around the corner and the neighborhood looked quite safe even at night.

A final word about Luis, the owner of Casa Jocotenango. He was very helpful in making our stay at his place comfortable, giving us directions and guidelines. He also arranged for our transportation to Copan in Honduras and back. He charges US$15 for airport pick up which I thought was reasonable. We used his service again to go to the airport on the day of our departure from Guatemala.
Casa Jocotenango from street
Reception area
Breakfast area
Entrance to reception area
cotton_foam says:
Wow, $42.00 a night with breakfast? What a deal!!
Posted on: Feb 05, 2017