Casa Hood

(03) 274-2668

Casa Hood Banos Reviews

Liselore_Verschuren Liselore…
Live music in hippie atmosphere Oct 19, 2009
Casa Hood is located in the centre of Baños and is a laid back and casual eatery with a bit of a hippie-look.

Casa Hood was started a couple of years ago by an American traveler who decided to stay in Baños. The menu is extensive, the food is great with plenty of delicious vegetarian and non-vegetarian options and also quite cheap. There are regular live performances of local (indian) musicians. Since there is no stage, the performance of the musicians seems quite spontanious, but is non the less a great party. Make sure you show up in time for a table (before 19:00), otherwise the place is completely packed!
Live performance of local musician…
yadilitta yadilitta
The greatest cafe with delicious food and cool atmosphere - Casa Hood Jul 17, 2009
"El Cafe mas chevere en Banos" The greatest cafe in Banos. I read about this cafe while I was doing my research in Lima and wanted to go there. The whole trip I said to myself I wouldn't eat at a same restaurant twice, but this place was so good that I had to make an exception.

The owner is an American who decided to move to Ecuador some years ago, after been traveling around the world specially middle east. You can notice the influence of his trips when you see the menu.

They serve meat, but also vegetarian dishes. International dishes bust mostly Lebanese. First night we got:

Appetizer: we shared a Tabouli that was very tasty.

Entrees: I got a falafel and the next night Anthony tried the vegetarian Lassagna

Desserts: Anthony got a carrot cake with coconut, which was delicious.

The food was really good and fresh. Everything home made and presentation was very nice too. Definitely is the best Middle Eastern I tried in Ecuador.

Regarding the atmosphere, it was so mystic and cozy. It was rainy outside, but inside it was warm. The owner is really friendly, so bad the waitresses are a bit rude. Maybe it was because of the fact they were busy. It was full of tourists who were looking for a place to taste some delicious food, that wasn't Ecuadorian. The decoration is very nice and makes you feel as if you were in the Middle East.

They also serve drinks alcoholic and non alcoholic. They have different kind of juices and teas and if you want an alcoholic drink, do not miss the daily happy hour: 5-7pm. There's also a book exchange, movie nights and also offer some yoga lessons.

They are open for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Just be aware that the kitchen closes at 10pm, so be sure to arrive before. It's not located on the main road, but it was worth to walk under the rain and got a bit lost.

Highly, highly recommended!
come in!
the door
mystic atmosphere
gemini59 says:
Muchas gracias hermana! :D
yadilitta says:
mmm, ok, I forgave you, hermano, hehe :)
gemini59 says:
Dang, I just clicked on "not helpful". Eric and David, my dear friends, can you change it in a "yes, it was helpful"? Sorry Hermana! :((
tjpbrandt tjpbrandt
Best book exchange in Latinamerica May 04, 2008
Great food and best book exchange I've found in 7 months in Latinamerica!

Free movie screenings every day at 16h30.
Casa Hood Map