4 Alejandro Dumas, Mexico City, Mexico
01 55 5281 0402

Casa Hevia Mexico City Reviews

egurowitz egurowitz
Excellent and Elegant Provincial Spanish Food Oct 06, 2010
Beautifully appointed restaurant in a vintage 1943 house in Polanco. Extensive menu of Provincial Spanish Food, large portions and the best Paella I've had in or out of Spain. Elegant dining room with excellent service, and also an "informal" dining room for families, etc.
mdfehmel mdfehmel
Classic Mexican Food Oct 02, 2008
If you've never been to Mexico City before, you've never had real Mexican food. For a very traditional Mexican meal, Casa Hevia hits the spot. The homemade breads and quality cheeses are a great intro when coupled with a nice glass of local white wine. The house specialty that day was spit roasted goat that was used to source some of the best fajitas I've ever had. The ambiance gives you the impression of old Mexico with its antique brick interior and exterior construction and traditional dress of the wait staff. Service was spot on and our waiter was extremely knowledgeable of the menu. If you're staying at the Marriot, you're in walking distance. Remember, the big meal in Mexico is lunch, so save lots of room and always finish with flan. Highly recommended. UPDATE - Ate here again for the second time this year on a separate business trip to Mexico City. 2 times a charm. Again another memorable experience. This time I had the Mole. Oh Yeah!!
Business lunch - Casa Hevia, Mexic…
sybil sybil
Feb 17, 2008
While roaming the neighborhood of polanco on a fairly "dead" sunday night, jen and i were quite taken by this beautiful restaurant that once was someone's home. it looked classy and elegant. alas, we already had dinner so we decided to check out the dessert menu.

i had a flan, which is basically an egg custard with caramelized sugar on top. the flan was thick and not too fluffy. it was surprisingly not too sweet either. it was ok.

jen had a rice dessert, which name i now have forgotten. but it is very sweet and thick with milk. it was ok.

but, what i enjoyed about casa hevia is the actual building. the servers were also nice and i was definitely amused by them. two of them were also taken by jen so that was so much fun to watch.

if you are in the polanco area and wanting dessert, there are probably other restaurants that would be perfect for the occasion. one can come here for a business lunch/dinner or on a date. it seems to be a "grown up" place. notwithstanding, you should still check out this really really pretty place.
my flan
jen's rice-based dessert
jen enjoying her coffee
jenn79 says:
I have to say, I had quite a bit of fun there =) Wish the food was better tho!
Posted on: Feb 22, 2008
jenn79 jenn79
Transported back in time to old Mexico D.F. Mar 04, 2008
I wish we had dined here so I could give a better assessment of this place, but Sybil and I just had dessert here, which was average. Casa Hevia is located on a side street very close to all the fancy hotels and directly across the street from the Hard Rock Cafe.

The disappointing thing was that it was almost closed at around 9:30pm. But we were able to enjoy the magnificent ambiance and service for approximately an hour. We had no less than 3 waiters at our service!! It was extraordinary. One of them even gave us a tour of the upstairs where there was a balcony next to a bell.

Casa Hevia is obviously a converted house/mansion. It's made of stone and wood and other materials that will stand the test of time and always be more beautiful than brick, steel and concrete.

Check Mexico City Hotel Deals