Casa Grande

Casa Grande  - My salad

Casa Grande Matagalpa Reviews

Chokk Chokk
A super place to eat May 15, 2010
When visiting the mountain area of Nicaragua and specifically Matagalpa I can certainly recommend the restaurant Casa Grande. The area is famous for its beef and you will not get disappointed.

We didn’t know anything about the restaurant before we arrived there. Our host family at the hotel said that we could try the restaurant Casa Grande if we wanted a good meal.

The restaurant is situated near a small square at Paque Ruben Dario and almost all local inhabitants all know where it is, so it is not difficult to get help. The restaurant is situated in a large house (Casa Grande!!), where you can enjoy your meal upstairs in their open area.

Their food is great and is absolutely one of the must-visits in the city. When we entered the place was almost full, which was a first one in Nicaragua and the good thing was that they all were locals.

I had a great jalapeño steak with rice and frites and it was really tasty; the steak was really moist and juicy. It was also the first place, where we had a nicely chilled white wine they were also making good drinks like the local Macua (Maqva).
The menu