Casa Gio

Pedersgata 48, Stavanger, Norway

Casa Gio Stavanger Reviews

gardkarlsen gardkarl…
Still a great place for a delicious meal May 25, 2015
We went to Casa Gio right after the opening in October 2014 and were impressed by the food quality. After a great review in the local newspaper Stavanger Aftenblad this place has become really popular. This means that it is hard to get a table so make sure to book in advance. We went there again on an early Thursday evening in March 2015 and ordered the mixed salami and cheese to start with. We got a bit of bread, 32 months aged Parmigiano Reggiano, taleggio and some great salami pieces. There was also one slice of parma ham...I would of course like to have seen more than that. As a main meal we had the saffron risotto (also known as risotto alla Milanese I guess) with ox tail. This was a wonderful dish and the risotto is one of the best risottos I have tasted....and I love my risotto. The ox tail was also very good but it is not always easy getting that meat of a tail without digging in with your hands.

This place is still a great place for a delicious meal. Yes, they are getting popular so they have to be careful to not compromise on the food quality. It seems like they have understood that with more guest you need more staff so there were 4 people working the restaurant on the last visit. From what I have seen they do not have an extensive wine menu so if there is something that can be improved it is this wine list and maybe a reception area to wait while your table is getting ready. The food is not cheap biut I think people are willing to pay for quality - the risotto and ox tail dish was 285 kroner.
Oxtail on risotto