Casa Divina

Check Mindo Hotel Deals

Casa Divina Mindo Reviews

Laurrra Laurrra
Escape in the cloud forest Feb 16, 2010
I stayed here with my boyfriend on my second trip to Mindo. The property is WONDERFUL. The cabañas are adorable and very private because they are set back into the cloud forest. They do not rent out both floors of the cabañas to separate parties so it a great romantic escape. The food that Molly makes is fantastic. She varies between Ecuadorian food and Gringo food. I loved the combination and the desserts! Molly and Efrain's children. Efrain's canopy company was great... It was worth paying more than for the other canopy company in Mindo.

In general it was a great place to stay in Mindo. The other places to stay in Mindo are no where near as nice or luxurious because they are hostels (with the exception of Arasha which is outside of Mindo). My few complaints were that I did feel a money pressure at this hotel more so than ever in Ecuador. The van driver they used scoffed at the 1 dollar tip that we gave him and we were charged a corking fee for bringing our own wine to the hotel. Additionally, when I paid for tubing at the tubing location because I thought that was was I was supposed to do, they seemed annoyed with me back at the hotel. Maybe they get a fee for setting me up with the company if I pay at the hotel? I don't know but it was an honest mistake. While these things might fit in more a bit in the US, I felt strange that they happened in Ecuador. The custom in Ecuador is not to tip at all so why not be gracious when receiving a tip? So yes, my boyfriend and I had a fabulous and romantic time but I wish some of these things had not left a sour taste in my mouth.
At the entrance of Casa Divina.

Check Mindo Hotel Deals