Casa Diva

Abebresem St., Osu, Ghana

Casa Diva Osu Reviews

DAO DAO
Wow - Roast Guineafowl Feb 08, 2017
When I first walked into Casa Diva for lunch, I was greeted warmly and a nice table was arranged for me. The first thing I noticed was how wonderful the décor was. The second thing I noticed was the owner, a wonderful lady named Fauziya, speaking on the phone with one of her suppliers. She was telling them that the Guinea Fowls they had been providing were too small and that they would not be using them again. That’s when I realised I was about to dine in a classy place that takes its food, atmosphere and customers seriously. My cold beer arrived swiftly and my chicken pizza was one of the best pizzas I have ever had.

Fauziya checked several times to make sure my service from her staff and my food was all in order. She then invited me to come back in the evening for their roast Guinea Fowl. How could I resist?

I didn’t.

When I arrived in the evening I saw the outside grill man making takeaway kebabs for passing customers and that looked very good. When I went inside I watched the staff at work. Wow. I was greeted warmly by a waited I had not met before. I was shown to a waiting table, small snacks appeared instantly and my drink order was taken. Only then was I given a menu to look at. Whilst I looked over the menu and waited for my beer – I saw Fauziya and here husband Larry greeting every customer. They were everywhere insuring customers were happy, that the staff were doing everything possible and that everyone was enjoying their evening. My cold beer was produced and I ordered the Guinea Fowl of course! When I went to wash my hands, I came back to find one of Casa Diva’s signature services. My beer coaster was placed on top of my beer to keep things out. Not that you ever have to worry in a restaurant that is hospital clean. Although a fly might get in here.

Fauziya saw me and came over and welcomed me back. She is a really nice lady and she spoke to me for a while. She is from the north of Ghana and she wants to make Casa Diva a fantastic restaurant where customers will love to dine again and again. Job well done Fauziya!

My waiter came to take me to my table a few minutes later and get me another beer of course. Then they brought me an absolutely huge plate of wonderful food. Delicious Guinea Fowl grilled to perfection mixed with onions and peppers. It was served with delicious spicy rice and a fresh salad. It was spicy, but in a tasty and not hot temperature wise. There was a small dish of very hot sauce served on the side so you can raise the temperature if you want to.

This is one of the best meals and restaurants in Africa. Just a totally great experience. If you only have one night in Accra Ghana – tell the taxi to bring you here.

Larry even offered to drive me back to my hotel as I was a Tourist and had been drinking beer. They are just awesome people and the staff they employee are great as well.

Favorite Dish:

Roast (and grilled) Guinea Fowl with some ice cold Star beers, and the free snacks they bring you. Also great pizzas.

Compare Singer Island Hotel Rates (<1km away)

Osu Map