Casa Del Mare resort

Check Nuweiba Hotel Deals

Casa Del Mare resort Nuweiba Reviews

mickeyd302 mickeyd3…
Dec 22, 2007
I did not know what to expect when coming to Nuiweba. I knew that the city has fallen on hard times with some of the political problems with Israel and the sub sequential drop in tourism from their neighbors across the border. After getting dropped off at the bus stop, I had to track down a taxi. The city felt almost like a ghost town with only a few people hanging out in the diners close by. I eventually found a van that acted like a taxi for me. When I asked about the price, initially they said 30 dollars and I was confused if they meant US Dollar or Egyptian Pound. By asking a lot of questions and playing dumb, I got the person to lower his price.

We passed by the Hilton and the now closed Tropicana (Lonely Planet lists it as being open, but it is currently shut down). The driver took a right on a sandy road and took me to another place called Casa Del Mare. It looked liked a very nice place and I asked the manager how much for the night. When he told me $25 US, my jaw almost hit the ground and I took it. The room was excellent and it was so comfortable. All I really wanted was a place to sleep for the night and I got that and more. The resort is extremely quiet with only the sound of the waves crashing against the shore and the wind making any noise. It was the best night of non-medicated sleep I have had in years.

As the place is away from the city, I had to order room service to get my supper. I order the seafood platter. It was good especially after having only some cookies in the morning and some chips on the bus. It was definitely the best meal of the day, perhaps for my entire trip thus far.

Another thing that was refreshing was after dealing with almost a constant barrage of the “tip-mes” throughout this trip, it was so nice to not have to deal with any of this at the Casa Del Mare. The manager and staff were extremely professional and courteous. They were by far the best hotel staff I encountered in all of Egypt.

If I had any complaints if was merely that the shower seemed to only have the choice between freezing cold and burning hot water, but that was minor in the long run.

I considered spending another night at the resort. Its beach was empty and there was a great feeling of solitude and peace there. Unfortunately, my time to explore Jordan was running short and I had to move onward.

I would recommend this resort to anyone who has grown tired of the hustle in the world of the Pharaohs and needs some peace, quiet and tranquility. I would also suggest it for anyone who just needs to get away from it all. Personally, if I should every leave my bachelorhood behind, I would love to spend my honeymoon here, but let’s not get ahead of ourselves.
The rooms at Casa Del Mare Resort
The Beach at Casa Del Mare
zeemos says:
Just got back from Egypt myself, and I can totally relate to the barrage of "tip-mes." Nice write-up, I'm going to look into this area as another potential future endeavor.
Posted on: Jan 05, 2008
vances says:
Sounds like you really 'espouse' this place!
Posted on: Dec 31, 2007