Casa De Reyes Restaurant

fiestadereyes.com - (619) 220-5040

Casa De Reyes Restaurant San Diego Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Mexican Restaurant in Old Town Jan 28, 2012
This restaurant is located in the Fiesta de Reyes, an area in Old Town with many specialty shops and stage entertainment. The restaurant here (Casa de Reyes) offers outdoor dining in a pleasant environment with many plants all about and a charming fountain. I went here for lunch with a colleague & friend after touring Old Town. The restaurant definitely has some ambiance and looks like a pleasant place to dine. The service was somewhat slow which could be attributed to the fact that it was a bit crowded. Nevertheless, the quality of the service was not that great either. The first soda I ordered was flat, so I asked for another. The lunch entrees were a long time coming too and when they arrived I could tell they had been sitting a while before being brought to us because they were not served hot. The cheese on my enchiladas had solidified and my beans had grown a crust on top. Maybe I would have enjoyed it better if it had been served hot, but I wasn't impressed - very average. I don't mind waiting if the food is good, but to wait and then have the food served lukewarm makes for poor quality. I probably should have complained, but I wasn't in the mood. Granted the ambiance is nice, but the restaurant doesn't live up to its surroundings. I might be persuaded to give it another try for benefit of the doubt, but beware!
Restaurant Logo