Casa Blanca Hostel

Check Cali Hotel Deals

Casa Blanca Hostel Cali Reviews

yadilitta yadilitta
Nice hostel but no comfy beds - Casa Blanca Hostel Oct 24, 2009
I was looking for a place to stay near the party area of the city: 6th Ave. Browsing on internet I found this place located in the north of the city, which looked nice.

I sent them an email, but they told me I had to book it through hostelworld, pffff. Nevermind. When we arrived there was a girl at the frontdesk, who was just helping. She couldn't find the reservation and assumed one of the available bedrooms was the one booked, hahaha. So good she picked the right one, hahaha.

The location is very good, just one block away from the busy and party 6th. Ave, but it doesn't get too loud here. It's also walking distance from the Bus Terminal. This place is a house that was turned into a hostel, therefore there are not many rooms. Place was very clean and it felt very safe.

I was expecting to have a private bathroom, but there weren't private bathrooms... Ok, I can deal with that. The weakness here is the bed. It's HARD! Eventhough stayed here 2 nights, my poor back...

The shower is a electric one and if you want to have hot water, have to open the tab full wait a bit and close it 1/2 way, so you'd have hot water. I learned it too late...

There's a common area with a nice tv, couches and there's free wi-fi too. There's a computer too, but you have to pay for it. They also organize tours.

You have to pay a deposit for the key and would get it back when you return it. They don't serve breakfast, but there's a tasty bakery 1 block away :P

I don't know if the dorms have better beds, maybe... the only disadvantage here are the beds, the rest is fine.
inside the dorms