Caruso

www.caruso.is - 562 7335

Caruso Reykjavik Reviews

wagslikeadog wagslike…
What a Great Restaurant! May 21, 2012
After looking at dozens of menus in front of restaurants around the main tourist area of Reykjavik, we decided on Caruso as I was hankering for some affordable pasta after a long stretch without and WOW was I ever impressed!

Caruso is located right on the main shopping street in downtown and the Mediterranean fascade outside is even more Meditteranean inside (though the owner is from Honduras, our server informed me). It had the most character of any restaurant that I'd seen after travelling for 10 days around the country and although the prices were still on the expensive side, they weren't as offensive as many other restaurants in the area.

The food was delicious and plentiful, the service was excellent, the location can't be beat, and the ambience made us feel like we were in the south of Spain, which was a nice change from the stark and bare setting of most other Icelandic eateries we'd eaten at.

Top marks for Caruso!
Caruso front room
Caruso details
Caruso
vances says:
You should have ordered some puffin...at least you'd have gotten to see one!

:^)
Posted on: May 27, 2012
Lydia85 Lydia85
Warm atmosphere, beautiful food! Jul 19, 2011
Warm, cosy and welcoming are the words I would use to describe Caruso. Located in the centre of town on the main shopping street Laugavegur, the welcoming atmosphere of Caruso hits you as soon as you enter.

We enjoyed a drink in the cosy Brandy Room located on the 2nd floor. This gave us a chance to chat to other visitors to Reykjavik as we waited for our table.

The extensive menu caters for all tastes. I had the (raw) tuna/tomato & mozzarella starter followed by the baked salmon, both dishes were exquisite.

The staff were professional, friendly and welcoming and this really added to the welcoming atmosphere of the restaurant. While we found Caruso to be a bit more high end and pricier than other restaurants we visited in Iceland, it is definitely worth a visit, beautiful food and great service. Highly recommended!

Check Reykjavik Hotel Deals