Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery

(071) 916 1534

Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery Sligo Reviews

aka_pushkin aka_push…
Waste of time Jul 08, 2008
Before the trip to Ireland, I read about the history of this country and was the most amazed and mesmerized by its ancient culture dating back to stone age. Therefore, when traveling, I wanted to see at least some of the very first man-created structures in Europe or maybe even the world.

Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery was on my way from Sligo, so I decided to make a visit.

In short - those were 30 minutes of my life I might never get back for which I should sue the government of Ireland.

There are several stone circles, burial sites - etc, all very nice, apart from the fact that nearly all of them are fake. There USED TO BE some structures in the past as they have found SOME STONES that appeared to be... (etc). What you actually see there has no historical value at all. If you want - build a stone circle in your backyard and have the same effect.

If you don't feel like carrying stones - you might see the Carrowmore cemetery for a small price of 3 euros(?) with some explanations and have a view from the hill. No additional value is suggested.

Related Travel Blogs About Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery

from Sligo to Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery on the CĂșil Irra (Knocknarea) Peninsula
Clara woke me at dawn with a loving kiss goodbye as she left for Germany.  Before bed, we had planned to reconnect in London, so I expected to see her again in a couple of weeks.  I slept a… Clara woke me at dawn with a loving kiss goodbye as she left for Germany.   Before bed, we had…

Check Sligo Hotel Deals