Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge

119a Whitepark Road, Ballintoy, United Kingdom

Carrick-A-Rede Rope Bridge Ballintoy Reviews

haidgirl haidgirl
Take your time to enjoy the Rope Bridge Apr 03, 2017
I missed the rope bridge the last time I was in Ireland, so I wasn't going to miss it again this time!

The views along the walk are fantastic, but I was a little disappointed with the rope bridge itself. Maybe the pictures I had seen of it made it look longer than I thought it was going to be. It's listed as being 20m (66 feet) across, but to me it felt half of that length, like about a car length and a half.

It is quite the sight when you get on it though! Try and take your time to look around, and down, if you can. I felt like I was so worried about getting across it, I didn't take the time to actually look at the view!

There are staff members there to check your tickets, and too keep everyone safe.

The walk to the bridge, like I said, has some lovely views of the coast. It's about a 10-15 minute walk to the bridge and there are some steep steps going down to it, but there are places to stop and rest if need be. There's also a view point further up from the bridge, so you can take pictures of the bridge in its full glory.

Entrance fee for an adult is 7 euros.
The rope bridge connects the mainl…
The water was such a pretty blue!
Getting closer to the rope bridge
The walking path from the parking …
christl3 christl3
Stunning Scenery Jun 25, 2014
I enjoyed the Carrick-a-Rede rope bridge because the scenery around the area is breathtaking. It is worth doing just once.

To cross the bridge you pay £5.60. The actual crossing isn't anything world-shattering but the landscape is incredible. On a clear day it would be the best!

It is nice to drive along the Causeway Coastal Route and visit this attraction along with the Giant's Causeway. It's about a ten minute walk to and from the bridge (from the car park/ticket area)

I wouldn't recommend it if you are deathly afraid of heights.
bigstoney82 bigstone…
A little bit of "danger"! Apr 05, 2012
It was about 6 Pounds per person, not terrible for the great views! We got there about an hour before it closed for the day, which is ok, because as long as you in, you can stay passed the closing time.

It was a long walk, which wouldn't have seemed so long except it was the last stop for the day, so i was a wee bit tired! i think it maybe was a 15 minute walk, again that was being tired, haha.

Honestly the actually rope bridge wasn't all that spectacular, it was rather short (20M), i was expecting it to be much long, but that's alright, it was still cool, it's about 30M high, but the bridge is very safe these days, i hear it didn't used to be. It first was built by fishermen, not sure how long ago.

The best thing about it is the ridiculous view, the great coastal views, the little islands and the Scottish islands were especially amazing when i went because of "the week of summer" this March, everyone told how lucky we were on our timing, the sun was shining and the skies were clear!

If i went back to the area with someone who had never been, i wouldn't think twice about going back!

So if you like little hikes, and amazing views this is a place for you!

Check Ballintoy Hotel Deals