Carpe Noctem Vitae

Check Budapest Hotel Deals

Carpe Noctem Vitae Budapest Reviews

ebonics101 ebonics1…
Party Hostel For Sure May 14, 2015
Carpe Noctem Vitae describes itself as a party hostel and it truly lives up to it. I found it amusing that they explicitly deter bookers over the age of 35 so I wanted to see what all they had to offer to those of us who are not cursed with the beginning of middle age.

The best thing about the hostel is its location. I was able to walk to all the major sites and, if needed, easily access public transport right from the door. Also, I found the staff very hospitable. They gave me a map and marked up all points of interest as well as generally engage you and others lodgers through the stay. There are numerous activities offered through out the week. Most, if not all, of the staff are lodgers who just never left so they're they have a lot in common with their guest. However, the hostel is located in the pent house of at least a 7 story residence and, when I was there, the elevator was broken. So enjoy using the stairs!

The worst thing about the hostel was that if you were trying to sleep before 3am and/or after 10am then you would have to bear a bit of noise interruptus. Although the staff discouraged excessive noise after 9pm, people coming back from whatever adventure would be quite chatty in the hallways outside of the hostel. The walls and windows are thin and well, drunk people aren't known for their innate ability to whisper. In the morning, after 9am, staff or whomever played music.

All in all a good value for the cost as long as you don't have any expectations beyond meeting others and having a ol' good time.
AdyFord AdyFord
Modest party hostel will not fail to give you a great time! Apr 11, 2013
To make it clear, I loved my stay at this hostel but I'll try to remain unbiased. So onto the facilities; the rooms are of average size, very comfy beds, plenty of open social space, average kitchen, average toilets/showers, cleanliness is good.

The hostel is located opposite a tram stop, 5-10 minutes walk from the club/pub district that we used and has ATM, currency exchange, mini-mart and fast food within 100m.

The hostel is one of a party hostel chain, which regularly shares day/night events with it's sister hostels, but practices a late night noise curfew so everyone get's a peaceful sleep (assuming snoring isn't an issue!). If you can't respect the curfew then this hostel is not for you.

So, generic review out of the way... none of that mattered to me anyway, it's the staff that made my stay so great. I'm a shy guy who initially struggles with getting comfortable, but here I was pulled into the action before I had chance to blush.

Many of the staff come out every night and get into it as much as us travelers. They have great suggestions for day activities (you MUST do the baths and caving!) and organised a drinking schedule for each of the 4 nights I was there, with competitions, pub crawls, theme nights and cheap booze all included. It becomes obvious very quickly that these guys really want us all to have a great time and go out of their way to make it happen, even turning up on their days off.

And a note: Cyclops is one of the most interesting people I've met, such a spirited personality and full of randomness... don't miss him!

I will be travelling to Budapest again in the summer and I will definitely be returning to Carpe Noctem Vitae (see you then!)

Carpe Noctem Vitae Overview

Fact: 60% of the total floor space in Carpe Noctem Penthouse is social space. Why? Because we believe that lying across bean bag sofas, sofa beds and sofas with other travellers is much better than cramming a million beds into a small space.

Carpe Noctem Vitae Amenities