Carnival Parade

Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Carnival Parade Rio de Janeiro Reviews

NicoDavila NicoDavi…
Cheap Sambadrome tickets Jan 09, 2014
Its great to be there! I bought the cheapest ticket on sector 12 and was really good. Its worth to go to the Parade and doesn't have to be expensive.

After 3 or 4 hours dancing and trying to read the lyrics I was really tired but it was really good to experience.

I was in a cheap hotel in Lapa so I walk to the Sambadrome and its was safe because I did with a big group.

When i was doing the line I heard the music and people singing and as soon as I entered to the tribune I was amazed.

Each Scola has a subjet. The costume, dance, make-up, music are with the same subjets. They tell you a story.
Sambadrome parade Sector 12
vonnahmed1 vonnahme…
Must see experience - Tickets/Arriving Mar 03, 2012
Tickets:

There are several different ways to book tickets for the parade; I purchased mine through Rio Services Carnival. If you decide to pick up your tickets directly from them, I suggest getting there right away in the morning. Everyone there is very nice, but it was very disorganized. After I received my tickets, they were still telling people that it would only be 30 minutes to get their tickets, but from the look of things I thought it would be more like an hour. They do offer a delivery service, so it may be worth the extra money to have them delivered directly to your hotel.

Going to the parade:

The location is also known as Sambodromo & Hapotease. I HIGHLY recommend taking the metro. There are different transfer services, but most of them arrive there late, and it can be difficult to get a good seat if you are in the grand stands if you arrive late. At first I purchased the transfer service, but ended up taking the metro anyway because they were not going to be able to pick me up until 9:00 pm, right when the parade is supposed to start.

I also recommend purchasing Metro tickets (a couple for return), the day before or early in the morning, because the lines can also become very long, and it will make things easier for you. You will need to take the orange line; the closest station is Praca Onze. When you exit the station, you will be facing West and will take a right. You can follow the crowds from there, or study google maps. The even numbered section is closer, so if you have an odd number section you will need to walk around. It will probably be closer to exit from Central station if you have an odd numbered section.

I brought my own food and drinks from Subway, and by the looks of it, I saved quite a bit of money that way as well. Finally, there will be a lot of people there and you may not always be the most comfortable. Most of the grandstands do not have assigned seating and people will be trying to move closer to the front, especially those who arrive late, but it is what it is. Take pictures, dance, sing, and enjoy it! :)

Check Rio de Janeiro Hotel Deals