Carnival Cruise

Nassau, Bahamas

Carnival Cruise Nassau Reviews

emmytravel emmytrav…
Cruise, Dolphin fun, Atlantis Hotel, Paradise Island May 23, 2010
Ahhh - my first cruise and I want to go on many more. Back in 2004 I think. Things I learned. The menu changed every day, so if you think you can have the lobster tonight and steak tomorrow - guess again - it'll be a whole new menu the next day! So go ahead and order all the entree's you want, the cost will not change. It's a wonderful opportunity to try foods you never had before. Now I chose to eat in the dining area every meal. You can eat at a self serve buffet anytime - but on a cruise you have your own head waiter and posse of waitstaff just for your table! They want you to pick your dining time, but they will squeeze you into another time if you have an outing that makes it difficult for you to make your dining room schedule. An itinerary is slipped under your cabin door about 4am. TV in room can be set on channel that shows current videos of things on your cruise - watch and you might see yourself in a conga line! The pool -bbbbrrrr - it was December. They fill it up from the ocean once they are out to sea and empty it before coming back to port - so it never had time to warm up. Rum tasting - aka liquor sales pitch time - the rum is served in almost thimble size tastes. Free sushi, yep name your sushi - give it a try. Capt's reception - best whiskey sours I ever had - free - I keep trying to find someplace that can replicate them - nope, not yet. Dolphin encounter/swims. A bit disappointing, but still cool. When we went you didn't SWIM with the dolphins, you stood in the water and the trainer would get the dolphin to come up, do tricks, allow you to pet it and had it give you a kiss (photographed for you to purchase later). Hair braiding - they hawk the hair braiding on the dock, yes I had some done, then after I realized - no barbacide or any cleanser between uses, they just go from one head to another.... goodness - glad I didn't get lice! Walking along we were approached and asked if we wanted to buy WEED. No way, and we were 50! So the Atlantis hotel,on Paradise Island; it is spectacular outside and what I saw inside was impressive too. They have their own aquarium in the hotel!

Some folks fussed about the added cost of gratuities added at the end of the cruise. At the time it was $29 daily per person. Seems like alot, but break it down - tips are for valet and waitstaff, servers, folks that put that chocolate on your pillow, the turndown service, the room maintenance, and untold other services you receive daily all day long without having to shell out a tip right and left.

Check Nassau Hotel Deals