Carnegie Hall

New York, New York

Carnegie Hall New York Reviews

Kalium_zer0 Kalium_z…
Sep 12, 2007
One of my fondest memories while in New York, Carnegie Hall is one of the most important concert halls worldwide. This is also amongst the most impressive buildings in New York, combining architectural ingenuity and application of principles of physics: thus, the main Hall is shaped like horse-hoof, making the vibrations resonate arrogantly through the walls!

The pre-concert lecture was given by a prominent musicologist. Despite the interesting insights on Mozart's contirbution to music, the discussion was a bit stale.

I had the opportunity of listening to Mozart, Beethoven and Richard Strauss performed by St. Luke's Orchestra ("the top orchestra of the North-east" according to the brochure). The conducting style was rather dull, as was the interpretation of the pieces. Even then, the experience of being in Carnegie Hall is my fondest memory of New York.

I would warmly recommend going to this Hall to anyone travelling to New York, but I must also warn you that tickets can be expensive. I paid 10 USD (a student ticket) for a seat located in the upper balcony! Nevertheless, it is a worthwhile experience.

PS: A photo of the Hall is attached in my New York blog.

Related Travel Blogs About Carnegie Hall

Gastvrijheid รก la Carnegie Hall - Concert New York String Orchestra
Ik ben nu ruim drie jaar in New York. Ik heb diverse theaters en andere culturele locaties bezocht. Maar in het wereldberoemde Carnegie Hall  was ik nog nooit geweest. Tot vandaag dan. Enige we…New York. Ik heb diverse theaters en andere culturele locaties bezocht. Maar in het wereldberoemde Carnegie Hall  was ik nog nooit…
What's your genre?
Since I'm Dalmatian, I'll start with DALMATIAN POP. This isn't an actual music genre, it's actually plain pure mainstream pop, but still you can distinguish it from the other plain pure mainstre…New York's Carnegie Hall. If you get the chance to go to his concert, get your ticket quickly, for his concerts…
New York
What impresses one upon entering the United States is the sheer abundance of US flags, used to strengthen the sense of identity among its population (to the extent that even immigrants feel like they…Carnegie Hall, by far my best memory of New York. Not to my surprise, the building (and the concert hall

Check New York Hotel Deals