Carnaval de Brasil - Imperial Palace Casino

Biloxi, Mississippi

Carnaval de Brasil - Imperial Palace Casino Biloxi Reviews

AtlantaScottyV AtlantaS…
Feb 17, 2007
I've eaten at several of these churrascaria (pronounced: shoe-haas-ska-ree-a) type restaurants before and I guess once you've been to the better ones the others that try to be great just pale in comparison.

First thing to consider, if you are a vegetarian (I don't know why anyone would want to be one, but just in case), then don't go here. This place is strictly for carnivores!! Yea, there's a salad bar with various crudite, but it's not designed to be the main course. Now down to the details for us meat lovers:

THE FOOD: The meats here really all tasted the same. From bacon wrapped beef tenderloin, sirloin, leg of lamb, rack of lamb, beef ribs, and chicken - it all had the same flavor! We were also offered several courses of overcooked shrimp and scallops and later some braised seabass that was actually quite good.

THE SERVICE: In one word? It sucked. We had to ask for clean plates, refills on drinks, additional servings on specific meats, etc. Our sever's accent and body language was like he was more from the Bronx than Brasil.

THE ATMOSPHERE: Great design on the inside and out. Kinda gives you the impression you are in a cave of some sort with flames all around and inside the rock looking walls. All through dinner, a smoke alarm kept 'beeping' every 60 seconds. And the funny thing is that no one in our party or working at the restaurant heard it until I pointed it out. AAAAAAUUUUUUGH! Stop that beeping, please!! LOL.
ThatType says:
Im glad you enjoyed you visit. I work at the Beau Rivage and its great to hear that you liked it. Im sorry about the experience you had at the IP. I also grew up in New Orleans its where my family is from. I have to say I love it ther I just dont think I could live there anymore. Id like to hear more from you. Let me know if you plan on makeing anymore trips to the Beau Rivage. Its just as great to work for as it is to visit.
Posted on: Aug 23, 2007