Carmel’s Kitchen & Bar

1 Page Avenue (Grove Arcade), Asheville, NC, USA
carmelsofasheville.com - (828) 252-8730
Carmel’s Kitchen & Bar - My delicious Shrimp & Grits!
Carmel’s Kitchen & Bar - Outdoor seating option at Carmel's
Carmel’s Kitchen & Bar - Complimentary bread with olive-balsamic dip to get things started.
Carmel’s Kitchen & Bar - Main dining room at Carmel's
Carmel’s Kitchen & Bar - Let's get some dinner.
Carmel’s Kitchen & Bar - The bar at Carmel's

Carmel’s Kitchen & Bar Asheville Reviews

vances vances
Yum! Aug 28, 2015
A lovely restaurant in Asheville, located in Grove Arcade. Competition seems to force all the local eateries to provide a dining experience which is a cut above, and Carmel’s is certainly not lacking on this front. There was little question this place would feature hefty prices and tasty selections given their premium location in premiere digs, but WOW.

The menu had bunches of enticing entrees, but I was intrigued to see Shrimp & Grits included. This regional dish is probably the reason I have not moved from Coastal Carolina, but virtually unheard of as you move away from the sea. My waiter was polished, polite and personable, so I prefaced my request for his description of their Shrimp & Grits with the warning that I hailed from the dish’s homeland. He didn’t blink and honestly acknowledged he had never sampled the offering beyond Carmel’s, but admitted it might be his all-time favorite here.

Our conversation transpired as I was savoring the amazing complimentary bread with olive-balsamic dip. On the strength of this initial offering, the competition was on. And their version proved to be lovely. What astonishes me most is how there can be so many incredibly tasty variations, and Carmel’s was no exception. Much creamier than its competition back in Wilmington, I was awed by the unfamiliar presentation. Visually appealing, this was the first time I had ever been served without everything being stirred together. Of course I immediately swilled it into a big blob to marry the flavors, but an appealing twist.

You will not walk out of Carmel’s cheaply, but I have no doubt you will savor a top notch meal during your visit.
Let's get some dinner.
Main dining room at Carmel's
Complimentary bread with olive-bal…
My delicious Shrimp & Grits!
jeminigirl says:
Sounds fab and looks good =)
Posted on: Oct 04, 2015
vances says:
Stumped Gump???
Posted on: Oct 03, 2015
spocklogic says:
Don't think Shrimp 'n Grits was in Forrest Gump's shrimp list - must have missed that one...
Posted on: Oct 03, 2015