Carlota

2540 6821

Carlota Rio de Janeiro Reviews

Eric Eric
Cozy, cute, but average Apr 15, 2010
This was another restaurant we tried on Rua Dias Ferreira in Leblon, and we were still a bit disappointed. The restaurant is certainly cozy enough - it's relatively small and intimate and has dim romantic lighting. The service was prompt and friendly. But the food was a bit lacking.

I ordered the filet mignon with port sauce and fig risotto. I usually don't order steaks in restaurants (because it never seems to compare to just getting a good cut of meat from a butcher and cooking it at home, and you are paying a huge premium), but I broke my rule since we were in Brazil.

The filet was quite possibly the "chewiest' piece of meat I have ever had in my life, and not in a great way. Almost every bite required an excessive amount of chewing before the meat was reduced to a ball of cud that would simply not be broken down any more. Maybe I just got an unlucky piece of meat, but this was certainly not the experience you expect when going out to a nice restaurant.

Seems like a good place with potential if you order the right dish, but based on my personal experience there I can't recommend the filet.

With that being said, it seemed like the type of friendly neighborhood place, though, where if there wasn't the language barrier they would have gladly brought out another steak if I had asked for it...

Check Rio de Janeiro Hotel Deals