Carlos1800 Mexican Grill & Cantina

(509) 996-2245

Carlos1800 Mexican Grill & Cantina Winthrop Reviews

Toonsarah Toonsarah
Have the burritos! Jul 16, 2017
This large restaurant is situated at the northern end of the main street. We popped in during our afternoon stroll to ask if it was necessary to book a table (as the town seemed so busy) but we were told it wasn’t and that proved to be the case – there were only a few people there when we returned in the evening.

We got a friendly welcome from the waiter who remembered us from our earlier enquiry and were shown to what seemed a nice window booth, although I was later to discover that the a/c in that corner was a bit fierce.

I had a very good margarita here, with cilantro, and the beers were good too (Modelo Especial). Chris reckoned his burrito was one of the best he'd ever had! My main course was one of their regional Yucatan specials, Pollo Mole, and although tasty I didn't enthuse quite as much as Chris.

Service was friendly and the prices reasonable ($57 for the two main courses, margarita, one large and one small beer), but I'd have preferred that a/c to be a little less fierce as it wasn't a hot night!
Carlos 1800