Carlos O'Kelly's

Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, IL, USA

Carlos O'Kelly's Springfield Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Mediocre Mexican May 12, 2010
Another chain Mexican restaurant, what can you say? An average dining experience at best. I went with some co-workers for a late lunch on a Saturday afternoon. And, being only 1 o'clock on a Saturday, Carlos O'Kelly's was extemely empty. There was only one other table seated when our group of seven (and a baby) got there. While eating, only one other couple came in. Maybe it's the location, just off Dirksen Parkway, away from shopping centers, but I thought it was rather slow for a Saturday. But, on the flipside, we received excellent service. Our waitress was very attentive and kept refilling the chips (and my water).

I ordered the Pico Enchilada, off the 'Lighten Up' menu. It was better than I expected; a tortilla stuffed with chicken, mushrooms, spinach and fat free cream cheese. A disappointment, though, was the Mexican rice, which is one of my favorite dishes. This looked straight from the packaged brand that we use at home. They also had a Saturday drink special of $5 margaritas (the reason my co-workers wanted to go here; I don't drink, so I didn't care).

Check Springfield Hotel Deals