Carleen's Villa

Check Ocho Rios Hotel Deals

Carleen's Villa Ocho Rios Reviews

Chokk Chokk
Bad place with a great view and location Apr 26, 2011
This was one of the worst places that I stayed in for a long time and on this Island I even found it pricy. I guess that all cities where tourists comes pounding in from the cruise ships without knowing the local price level are bound to be spoiled and attract hustlers.

The hotel is truly a budget option, but not one I would go to again; there were positive things to be said about the place also but my first and lasting impression was that is was lousy. As I entered I found the room truly gloomy and there was only one light bulb in the ceiling. The bed was simple foam madras on a wooden stand; the kind of madras that follows your contours and that almost make it impossible to get out off again in the morning.

The bathroom was very small and last the cleaning was very questionable. I had an ant nest of really small ant in the wall between the bathroom and the main room. There was only cold water which didn’t bother me that much because it was so warm during the day and night. When I turned on the water in the shower the water started also to run in the sink; it was kind of funny to watch.

There was a fan in the room but it could only blow down on the floor before I fixed it. It was like nothing in the hotel was working. The only thing I like about the room was that it was a room that could be locked off. There was actually a functioning key fro the door; the only thing was that I was not certain if it was the same key that worked on all doors; I could almost imagine this.

I had a room on the first floor; room 5 that was situated on top of a room with a young Jamaican couple where the guy was smoking ganja all the time and smoke was getting up to my room. She asked again and again if he had to smoke and he had to!

There were some great things about the place as well. It had a great view from the porch on both the ground level and on the first floor; even from the garden in front of the house at the seaside. The hotel was situated close to the water and next to Mahogany Beach. It even had an access to the water if you followed the stairs down the 10 meter down from the garden.

One of the main reasons for staying there was the location; the hotel was situated not far from the city centre but also quite close to some of the better restaurants in the city according to the guide books, which was very practical in the evening where so of the areas of the sity should be avoided according to the same books.

The two days we were staying there we always had an aperitif on the porch before we left for the restaurant in the evening. The hotel had also access to a couple of parking places where you have you car watched by some homeless guys looking for a way to earn some money.
Carleen's Villa - towards the water