Caribbeane Cinema

Puerto Rico, United States

Caribbeane Cinema Reviews

six2midnight six2midn…
$3 for a movie Dec 14, 2011
While vacationing this past summer in Puerto Rico, I encountered a lot of bad weather and the fact that I had second degree sunburn made me not want go go anywhere for a week. So one day my cousins and I decided to go to the movie theaters since it was a weekday and of coarse raining.

Unlike here in the USA, you can't see what movie is playing at a specific theater or a time unless you are the actual theater. So not knowing any better we made my dad drive us to the theater (if you've seen the streets in some of the towns in Puerto Rico you wouldn't want to drive either) and drop us off assuming the theater was open. We pull up at a building the size of a fast food restaurant, which had a ticket box outside. To our luck the theater does not open until 4 pm. So we then made our way to a mini mall right located across the parking which consisted of small stores and fast food restaurants where we spent the next 2 hours.

After 350pm we made our way to the theater which had no line and asked for tickets to see Captain America and she tells me $3.75 I look at her twice and say what? She says $3.75 is the price per ticket, (vs $16 ticket back home). So I go to pay with my debit card and the employee informs me they don't accept cards only cash.

After we paid, we entered the lobby which was very small and had a food stall in the middle. The theater had 6 small rooms. Inside the viewing room the seats where all one level and very small. The quality of the movie was grainy and the other viewers were very loud and childish.

Overall despite the lack of luxury of many theaters have and obnoxious movie goers, you CAN'T beat the price. So if you are good at tuning people out and are low on cash and find yourself wanting to catch a flick while in Puerto Rico, I recommend you stop in Caribbean Cinemas.
six2midnight says:
You should! I love foreign films, I enjoy them.
Posted on: Dec 14, 2011
spocklogic says:
Once when I was in Paris, I checked out a small art house theater called Accatone. Not a large place with a small screen and no concessions, but I saw "La Strada". An Italian language film and had French subtitles, neither of which I speak, but I knew the film story from watching it with English subtitles previously. It was fun for me. As I recall it was cheap too. I should review it perhaps...
Posted on: Dec 14, 2011