Caribbean Jack's Restaurant & Bar

721 Ballough Road, Daytona Beach, FL, USA

Caribbean Jack's Restaurant & Bar Daytona Beach Reviews

DBBum DBBum
Seafood, Scenery, Music and Great Staff May 22, 2017
Being new to the Daytona Beach area I love to try new places and give a review. I especially like to write good reveiws and Caribbean Jack's made it easy for me to do that.

I went at the tail end of dinner hour, all the tables were full and it looked like a lengthy wait time. Much to my surprise; I was seated within 12 minutes. The wait time was shorter than getting a beer at the outside bar. This may be my only complaint; the 2 bartenders and one bar back were very busy. More staff would have been very helpful to handle the amount of customers dining and drinking outside.

By the recommendation of the server, I started my meal with the Crab Dip. It was full of flavor but not over the top. It was served warm, creamy and delicious. Highly recommend. My main course was Jack’s Sautéed Shrimp and Scallop Combo. When it first came out; I thought it was creamier than I expected. By the description I thought I was getting more tomato/thin wine sauce and I was nicely surprised that even though it appeared very rich it was a delightful sauce not too rich, just perfect. If I wasn’t so full I would have mopped up the sauce in its entirety with tons of bread. Thank goodness the portions were good sized and my meal did not include tons of bread that would have taken a week at the gym to work off!

My dinner companion ordered Jack’s Caribbean Tacos; blackened (also available in grilled and Caribbean Jerk), again, just enough seasoning to enhance the food and not overpower the flavor of the fish. As for the sides, the dirty rice and coleslaw were great compliments to the entrée. Each of our menu choices were given the thumbs up from our server and we were not disappointed.

It’s a wonderful casual restaurant on the St. John’s River with a huge outdoor deck that sports an outdoor bar, dining and stage for live music entertainment. Jack “Caribbean Jack’s” Gilbert is an interesting story that is part of the history of Daytona Beach. It’s a must on the list of dining locations for a visit to the World’s Most Famous Beach. I will be going back soon!

Check Daytona Beach Hotel Deals