Cardosi’s

www.cardosis.com - +44 (0) 141 889 5720

Cardosi’s Paisley Reviews

DAO DAO
Classic Italian Feb 09, 2017
My wonderful guesthouse in Paisley (Ashtree House) recommended Cardosi’s. They told me it was very good and very popular. They were right on both counts. Luckily I made reservations and even then I had the last table in the restaurant. This place was packed. I had to walk the full length of the restaurant and all the dishes I could see looked amazing. Pizzas, pastas, fish. It all looked great. I ordered Antipasto Della Casa for a starter. It comes in 2 sizes if you wish to share. I can assure you it tasted as good as it looks in the photo. The menu describes this excellent choice as:

• Wooden board with a selection of Italian cured meats, cheese, olives, pickles and fresh focaccia.

I can assure you that the focaccia was warm and freshly made. A delicious start to a nice evening. Now, as great as all the pastas looked and sounded on the menu, I was hungry. I decided on the steak they describe as:

• Bistecca Grigliata. 8oz prime Aberdeen Angus beef, your choice of fillet or sirloin with your choice of sauce or garnish. All served with onion rings, fresh market vegetables and your choice of fries or herb roasted potatoes.

Delicious and filling. A high quality piece of meat. Everything they do seems to be high quality with a real attention to detail. A real winner.

They also have some other very nice dishes that I have taken from their menu:

• Vitello Funghetto. Escalope of veal in a delicate creamy mushroom sauce, served with seasonal vegetables and potatoes.

• Pollo Cacciatore. Sauteed chicken breast simmered in a rich tomato, garlic, mushroom and roasted red pepper sauce, served with seasonal vegetables, chips or new season potatoes.

• Pollo Cardosi. Chicken breast wrapped in Parma ham and basil, topped with mozzarella served with tomato sugo and served with potatoes and seasonal vegetables.

• Veal Saltimbocca Alla Romana. Veal escalope topped with Parma ham, with a sage and white wine sauce served with seasonal vegetables and herbed potatoes.

If you are looking for classic Italian food in Paisley – look no further.

Check Paisley Hotel Deals