Cardiff Backpackers

Check Cardiff Hotel Deals

Cardiff Backpackers Reviews

lovely_lori88 lovely_l…
Really great hostel! Mar 28, 2008
One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in and I recommend it to anyone who is going to visit Cardiff. First of all the location is really good. It’s about a 10 minute walk from the central bus or train station and the same distance from Cardiff castle (if you’re going megabus) and also for going to the castle. As well it is super close to the main road which has all the bars and clubs so it’s really easy to stumble home lol. The hostel is 24 hours and the security is really good. The main doors are always locked and you have to buzz to get in and they look on the camera first to make sure that it’s not some weirdo trying to get in. The rooms are about 10-12 person dorms but the beds are fairly comfy and you can rent a locker for free (you just need to put a deposit down). Bathrooms and showers are also very clean. Downstairs there is a bar where you can drink all night as well as a huge common area that has the computers, really comfy couches and chairs, tons of movies to watch, a pool table, and games to play etc. There is also a kitchen with all cooking tools so you can cook your own meals and there is even a “free food” shelf which can come in pretty handy if you’re really hungry at 4am in the morning lol. The staff at this hostel are also really amazing. Everyone is so friendly and give plenty of good advice. Owen (the night guy) is super friendly and he drew out where all the good bars were on the map. He even helped us cook our dinner and let us drink our own booze and play pool for free. Also on all the tables there are books with recommendations for Cardiff where people can write their own experiences as well. Oh and there is free toast, coffee, and tea in the morning for breakfast. I had a lot of fun at this hostel and it felt really homey and it was easy to make friends and meet people. Prices were average and I recommend this place to everyone!
You can't miss this place!
sarahelaine says:
totally agree. owen is lovely, and I spent a whole evening chilling there even though I wasn't staying. Ace. :)
Posted on: May 31, 2008

Related Travel Blogs About Cardiff Backpackers

Cnffwyd
That could actually mean something in welsh or it could just be jibberish that we made up as the title - but on the way into Cardiff we did see some of the strangest, most unpronouncable names around…Cardiff we did see some of the strangest, most unpronouncable names around. We stayed in a backpackers near the city…
The journey Begins
August 4th 2009After many months of preparation, we finally set off, it was my first backpacking adventure and i had that nervous but excited feeling of not knowing how this would go. We got on the t…backpacking adventure and i had that nervous but excited feeling of not knowing how this would go. We got on the train from Swansea-Cardiff

Check Cardiff Hotel Deals