Carbisdale Castle Youth Hostel

Lairg Road, Carbisdale, United Kingdom
01786 891400

Compare Lairg Hotel Rates (5.5km away)

Carbisdale Castle Youth Hostel Reviews

Nzelvis Nzelvis
A night in a haunted castle May 31, 2005
How about an evening in a large, haunted castle deep in the Scottish Highlands? The owners of Carbisdale Castle give you the opportunity to do that. Located in northern Scotland among hills ans serenity sits the castle, still decorated with the large murals and statues whose eyes seem to follow you everywhere you go. The hostel, which is very reasonably priced, has several rooms, multiple kitchens, and great views of the countryside. The owners even graciously showed us the way down to the local pub in the evening (which was a 10 minute walk through a sheep's pasture), and we were walked back to the castle by bagpipe late into the night. This castle really is a once in a lifetime opportunity and should not be missed...as long as you are not worried about things that go "bump" in the night!
Carbisdale Castle
Carbisdale Castle

Related Travel Blogs About Carbisdale Castle Youth Hostel

Things That Go Bump In The Night
I am the first one to admit that I am a scaredy-cat.  Years earlier I had gone to see Jurassic Park with my brother and that proved too much for me.  I spent the majority of the movie looki…castle; Carbisdale.  Now a Youth Hostel, this castle was built between 1905 – 1917 for the Duchess of Sutherland…

Compare Lairg Hotel Rates (5.5km away)

Carbisdale Castle Youth Hostel Map