Carat Hotel Frankfurt

Check Frankfurt am Main Hotel Deals

Carat Hotel Frankfurt Frankfurt am Main Reviews

FoxyFauz FoxyFauz
Hotel for a quick stay while in transit Nov 19, 2011
I needed to find a place to stay for 1 night upon arrival in Frankfurt before leaving for Cologne the next day. This hotel picture keeps popping out at the website - hotels.com.

There are hotels linked to Frankfurt Am Main airport but that would set you back by a few hundred so I thought not worth it. So I chose Carat Hotel which is 15 minutes away from the airport.

There is a free shuttle service provided by the hotel to and from the airport which runs a quarter pass every hour. Last service is 11.15 pm. But be warned!!!

I understand from the hotel website that you need to call the hotel to inform them so as to reserve a seat in the bus. The hotel's telephone line somehow seemed pretty busy (I dont know why??) Anyway when I finally got thru, I was told a bus would be arriving at 10.15 pm. The bus did come but it did not even bother to stop - he just practically drove pass! I called the hotel again and they said thats not possible..anyway wait for the next & last bus - 11.15 pm! I told the concierge their driver better stop at the pick up point this time becos I am already so tired from a 12 hr flight and now I have to wait for 2 hrs for their bus?

An american businessman also called to complained cause he had been waiting just as long as I had. The concierge did not even provide a description of the bus that we were supposed to lookout for!!

Checkin in was fast maybe cos there were only 3 of us and its close to midnite. I would rate the service of the concierge (when i check in & check out as poor).

The room and bathroom is small but clean. The wooden furniture seems old. There is a mexican restaurant which is also the place for breakfast. I did not opt for breakfast - I think 12/15 euros is a bit steep when I do not even know what to expect for breakfast.

However I am disappointed that the bar is closed. It would have been nice to have a drink after a long day!! There is a mini fridge though stocked up with beer, water, coke and a chocolate bar. I had to pay for the bottle of water.

The bed is comfortable enough but as a light sleeper I could not sleep well as I keep hearing the sound of planes flying..I guess this is expected when you stay near the airport.

I did not see much tourist in the hotel, mainly businessman on transit or flight attendants.
View from my room
FoxyFauz says:
Thats a bummer isnt it with all the luggage in hand! Luckily Germans speak good English so I could ask around for help at the airport!
Posted on: Nov 22, 2011
mosted says:
Good review! When I arrived in Miami I had the same problem, couldnt reach the hotel for the shuttle!
Posted on: Nov 20, 2011